Thank you Liverpool!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No, not a joke or a sarcastic comment, but a sincere thank you to all the folk of Liverpool who made my day!

I'm sorry to say that in all my years I have driven hundreds of times into through and out of Merseyside but that's the first time I've ever gone to Liverpool to look round the place.

I went today and took the son of a Japanese friend to show him round.

Everyone was so friendly and they all bent over backwards to make us feel welcome.

We went to the Anglican cathedral (not the Mersey Funnel!), had lunch in Chinatown, then walked to the Beatles Story, along to the Liver building and a quick gawk at the QM2 which was docked in the river (Wow! She's HUGE close-up.....mind-blowing!!! http://www.cunard.co.uk/Ships/Queen-Mary-2/About-Queen-Mary-2/), then up the radio tower for a look round. boy, I didn't like to say anything to my companion, but I had a serious dose of vertigo and had to go down... :cry:

But all in all a fantastic day, thanks everybody!

There is so much said about Liverpool and its people that is not complementary I wanted to redress the balance.

Sponsored Links
I used to work there, as a visitor, and there are some rough edges, like any City, but I went recently for the centenary or whatever it was for the Liver building, with a mate, and what an amazing transformation from a couple of years ago. The show itself was amazing, with live music from the waterfront, then a lightshow projected onto the Liver building, was just blown away, that I took my Family back the day after.

Being half scouse/half Manc, (can you believe what my accent is?), I'd always show it off, but Liverpool has been reborn recently. And a lot more development to come.

Manchester has also transformed itself, since the bomb, but Liverpool has built up so quickly.

I can't believe someone from Cheshire hasn't been to Liverpool, it's just down the M56, A570..

:oops:

As I say, been there loads of times, but never to stop & look round the place properly.

Brilliant City, so much to do and see, some of the best museums in the country too

I went to see the QM2 yesterday myself

Sponsored Links
I went to see the QM2 yesterday myself

I wish I had have known the Queen Mary was docking there, I would have gone to Holyhead, as I may have got a view on her approaching or departing the Mersey estuary. It would have been a great sight.

Been there loads of times over the years and loved it...I was on the L1 project from start to near the finish and used to stay sometimes over of a weekend..great city lots to do and nightlife is fantastic,so much history with the waterfront building dock and museums .. also there is a planning application by peel holding for a massive 25-30 year project to transform the whole waterfront and last I heard it was going ahead with just a few planning issues to sort out . If you get a chance go on the beatles weekend where bands from all over the world play on stages all around the mathew st,pier head area ..and all free.

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier, he works on the ticket office at lime st. He said that he'd sold loads of tickets this morning to Blackburn for todays match with Arsenal.
He asked one of the cockneys why they hadn't got tickets to Preston instead of Liverpool. The lad told him that whenever Arsenal play in the Northwest he and a lot of other people stay the weekend in Liverpool.
They get pretty cheap deals in some of the hotels and are out on the town on Saturday night.
According to my mate, the lad said it was great up here and they loved it.

its true L'pool is a great city, just a pity you can't get scousers to stay there, even famous ones wont stay there, like sir paul and silly black, won't live there permanent, they like to visit and say how good it is, and how they invented football and how they've 2 cathedrals how they all talk like one another, I live in Wigan and there's more scousers live around the area than live in Liverpool,

its true L'pool is a great city, just a pity you can't get scousers to stay there, even famous ones wont stay there, like sir paul and silly black, won't live there permanent, they like to visit and say how good it is, and how they invented football and how they've 2 cathedrals how they all talk like one another, I live in Wigan and there's more scousers live around the area than live in Liverpool,

We wouldnt wand Cilla Black there anyway :LOL:

just a pity you can't get scousers to stay there, even famous ones wont stay there,

The same thing would happen to Wigan tom, if you ever get anyone famous up there. They'd be off to the bright lights before you could shake a ferret at them.

Never heard of half of them. Toms more famous than most of them himself, with his utube vids.

Sponsored Links
Back