Thanks due

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst Local authorites have justifiably been slated for their handling of the snow problem, and teachers and other penpushers could not be bothered to even try to reach work. A big VOTE OF THANKS to all the gritter crews and other workers, and the hard men electric crews and every one else who turned out in the grim conditions to assist others. THANK YOU

Sponsored Links
Surely its the gritter drivers job to actually drive around ... errr ... gritting? Why should they get special thanks?

However, we should be saying a BIG thanks the the person at the council who was intellignet enough to actually think that we may need some grit in winter time, and placed the order for a few bags of grit from Jewsons. Without him (or her) we would be really stuffed

Well done.

A lot of the gritter crews aren't actually gritters by day, they are line painters / road sweepers etc.

A lot of the gritter crews aren't actually gritters by day, they are line painters / road sweepers etc.
You watch look north too then :LOL:

Anyone with the right license I think they have in reserve to drive the spreaders.

Sponsored Links
You watch look north too then :LOL:

Anyone with the right license I think they have in reserve to drive the spreaders.

Lol, I knew someone would spot that!

Come to think of it though, I don't suppose there is much call for full time gritter crews in the summer, even in England!

My dad used to work for the local authority and was on call for gritting and snowploughing, The gritters ocasionally get called out in the summer months if during a heatwave the road tar starts melting, they are used to spread sand etc on the road surface

Yep, big thanks to my local council who now haven't emptied my bin for over 2 weeks (3 weeks tomorrow), yet can send lorry loads of guys round twice last week to distibute recycling bags/containers :mad: :rolleyes:

Its like what happens to the ice cream vans in winter? :LOL:

What happens to the gritters in the summer lol.

Its like what happens to the ice cream vans in winter? :LOL:
That'll be nothing then. We have one by which you could set your watch: 4pm every weekday and 2pm at weekends, come hail, rain, shine, snow, sleet, fog, freezing fog. Most probably world wars too. Clearly there are knobbers who can't exist without ice cream year-round. Or he's hung-up on Greensleeves and his wife has banned him from playing it anymore indoors.

Sponsored Links
Back