The bar stewards want people to work for nothing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
See this from a tesco shop....after the demo and bad publicity closed the store said it was a IT mistake........yeah whatever,oh quick it may affect sales so lets stop it and say its a IT mistake

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17084634

Now Matalan, Sainsburys and Waterstones have opted out

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17086526

Now call it volutary,placement work experience or whatever but these companys was trying to get free labour and boost the coffers but after the bad publicity against tesco they backed out

Tory scheme all against the working person again

Sponsored Links
Fooks sake, think 20yrs on :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Glad i won't be around.

New tesco up here, took x amount of people off the dole, 4 months later, they are all on part time.

Missus friend has to leave as she needs full time.

Tescos open new store...councillors gob on about all the new jobs being created.
One year later same councillors wondering why the market stalls are empty and high street shops are closing down...followed closely by cafes and pubs with lack of footfall. A darned sight more jobs lost than gained.

It's happening up and down the country, and has done for years...The big boys offer councillors a new leisure centre or similar so they get planning.

They may as well just send brown envelopes stuffed with cash straight to the councillors homes.

Don't be silly. It's where people prefer to shop. The high street is dead because people want to drive to an air conditioned, out of town shopping centre. No other reason. It's people like YOU that have killed the high street.

Sponsored Links
And how have I closed shops on the high street oh moronic one? You want to live in Tesco town that's your choice...Along with millions of others I like free choice to buy what I want...not what the big boys think I should buy.

Why are you being insulting? When the argument is lost - the abuse begins.

People are voting with their feet. You may not like it - but who are you to tell others how to live?

Tescos open new store...councillors gob on about all the new jobs being created.
One year later same councillors wondering why the market stalls are empty and high street shops are closing down...followed closely by cafes and pubs with lack of footfall. A darned sight more jobs lost than gained.

It's happening up and down the country, and has done for years...The big boys offer councillors a new leisure centre or similar so they get planning.

They may as well just send brown envelopes stuffed with cash straight to the councillors homes.

That is exactly what is happening in the small town where I live.

Because that is what the people want. Do you use supermarkets?

We use the local shops wherever possible.You say its what people want,I'm not sure they do sure it gets used for sure but have you ever seen or heard of a petition demanding that a new supermarket is built all I seem to recall is the exact opposite.

But the supermarket is packed when opened.

That's because it's used, now back to what you said about people wanting them have you ever seen a demonstration for the opening of such places.

As long as people use them they are wanted. If no-one wanted them - they'd shut.

What people want is cheap (or what is perceived to be cheap) and convenience, no charge for parking,50 yrd walk to the shop,pile their trolley's high saying look what I got for a £100,its been given to them on a plate.The shopper has not demanded these thing's,clever marketing has given it to them.

People vote with their feet. No-one forces them to shop there.

No one is saying they do,I am just giving my interpretation of why.So why do you think it is? and come up with something more original than its what they want.

Sponsored Links
Back