The bar stewards want people to work for nothing

Well, 300 got a job (if that report is to be believed). 300 less watching Jeremy Vile and claiming benefits... as for the rest.... its work experience and putting that on a CV may just help them to get a job in the future if they can be bothered.

As for working for free, I do 30 hours a week - and I dont come bleating on here about it. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Doing what? Please elaborate I seriously would like to know doing what?

I've got 15hrs a week I could put to volunteering but really would not know where to start or who with.

Well, 300 got a job (if that report is to be believed). 300 less watching Jeremy Vile and claiming benefits... as for the rest.... its work experience and putting that on a CV may just help them to get a job in the future if they can be bothered.

As for working for free, I do 30 hours a week - and I dont come bleating on here about it. :rolleyes:

You still cannot grasp it can you....you are saying I am posting rubbish while its true and you are responding with incorrect rubbish......all this is doing is boosting tesco profits...under the guise we are helping them get back to work.........so employ 300 effing people in the first place instead of a 4 month stint...

As for working for free ..so what if you do work 30 hrs a week and unless its for tesco it must be voluntary ........these people are trying to get a job out of it and that is the only reason, tesco know this and are taking full advantage of it

Sponsored Links
LLL, I've gleaned from previous posts that you don't work. What's the situation?? is it lack of opportunity in your area/lack of necessary skills/qualifications....are you feeling age discriminated at all?

I went into an apprenticeship at 17, at 27 I went to uni and took myself to MSc level(one short of a doctorate), and after a year of really going nowhere aged 35 I went back to my present employer(same as 17-27).
My trade is the most important thing I've ever achieved, far more useful than academia related stuff. Many of the graduates who came through with me have no work. I still do and have reasonably good job security.

You must be DIY keen you should be able to go self employed as a jack of all trades?

Took the wrong road and went to prison, my children and grandchildren won't be going there as long as i'm here.

And it's working.

Jeez. Don't mean the be all and end all of who you are and how you're defined in life. Re-invent yourself. It can be done. Ban All Sheds is a real sparky in another universe......

Tory scheme all against the working person again

LOL.

Working person = Person paying tax = tax used to pay dole.

So people that are long term unemployed are asked to go do some crappy work to keep their CV up, or maybe to lead to real paid work.

So as a working person, you seem to think it's OK that long term employed should get job seekers for however long with no payback?

This scheme applies to YOUNG people, mostly out of university.

The problem is that too many young people leave university/school, and think they are too good, or don't want to take the crappy minimum wage jobs.

It's a cr*p state of affairs. But if I was to go into Perth "city"(used very loosely, it's a cr*p town) centre I would have to first find a parking space, pay for it, walk about for miles to get what I need, hope the ticket hasn't run out, maybe consider going into a pub/restaurant for a meal but then decide not to because not sure how much time is left on the ticket, get back with 5 mins to spare and find one of the outsourced corporate greed merchants waiting about to nail you the minute it goes over the time...

Outskirts ASDA with cheap petrol and free parking and ALL INCLUSIVE shopping? Marvellous idea.....

The big enemy to small businesses is your local council and their parking charges. It's that simple. :rolleyes:

My local town councillors decided to pedestrianise the town centre, "good for families and town happiness" and all that ******.

It's the kind of idea that seems good if you don't think about it too hard, then you release a good number of those people driving through town were shoppers.

The back end of town (the bit furthest away from the parking, that you could no longer drive to) died a death.

Tory scheme all against the working person again

LOL.

So people that are long term unemployed are asked to go do some crappy work to keep their CV up, or maybe to lead to real paid work.

So as a working person, you seem to think it's OK that long term employed should get job seekers for however long with no payback?

This scheme applies to YOUNG people, mostly out of university.

The problem is that too many young people leave university/school, and think they are too good, or don't want to take the crappy minimum wage jobs.

It's a cr*p state of affairs. But if I was to go into Perth "city"(used very loosely, it's a cr*p town) centre I would have to first find a parking space, pay for it, walk about for miles to get what I need, hope the ticket hasn't run out, maybe consider going into a pub/restaurant for a meal but then decide not to because not sure how much time is left on the ticket, get back with 5 mins to spare and find one of the outsourced corporate greed merchants waiting about to nail you the minute it goes over the time...

Outskirts ASDA with cheap petrol and free parking and ALL INCLUSIVE shopping? Marvellous idea.....

The big enemy to small businesses is your local council and their parking charges. It's that simple. :rolleyes:

My local town councillors decided to pedestrianise the town centre, "good for families and town happiness" and all that ****.

It's the kind of idea that seems good if you don't think about it too hard, then you release a good number of those people driving through town were shoppers.

The back end of town (the bit furthest away from the parking, that you could no longer drive to) died a death.

"quote"
LOL
Read again dipstick.....1400 people working for 4 months for nothing......so you like them to pay tax also.......jeez

You are like that other guy who cant grasp this situation....Tesco a multi million pound organisation want people to work for FREE...YES FREE...YES FREE.. for months before they them ....I am all for people getting into work either full time/part time for work experience or cv intentions but my beef is with that multi million pound company who are using the situation to get slave labour

You are like that other guy who cant grasp this situation (Draws breath, talks in a condemning manner)....Tesco a multi million pound organisation want people to work for FREE (starts frothing at mouth)...YES FREE (begins to drool, with wild eyes and saliva flying through the air as he jabs at people in condemnation)...YES FREE.. for months before they them ...

(Finally you talk of the evil conservatives, and how they HATE the working man, how the want to DESTROY society, shortly before you start cumming in your pants in wild orgasmic pleasure at your hate of the Tories.)

Alternatively you could read this slightly more balanced view on the subject.

http://cityunslicker.blogspot.com/2...Capitalists+@+Work)&utm_content=Google+Reader

If these long term unemployed are to get back into work, then they need work experience, who wants to hire someone who has (BLANK) on their CV for the several months or even years.

And as this will be "free" labour, it means someone will lose out, this is an unavoidable price of these scheme.

But the prize, of higher employment in the long term is considered worth the short term loss.

You are like that other guy who cant grasp this situation (Draws breath, talks in a condemning manner)....Tesco a multi million pound organisation want people to work for FREE (starts frothing at mouth)...YES FREE (begins to drool, with wild eyes and saliva flying through the air as he jabs at people in condemnation)...YES FREE.. for months before they them ...

(Finally you talk of the evil conservatives, and how they HATE the working man, how the want to DESTROY society, shortly before you start cumming in your pants in wild orgasmic pleasure at your hate of the Tories.)

Alternatively you could read this slightly more balanced view on the subject.

http://cityunslicker.blogspot.com/2...Capitalists+@+Work)&utm_content=Google+Reader

If these long term unemployed are to get back into work, then they need work experience, who wants to hire someone who has (BLANK) on their CV for the several months or even years.

And as this will be "free" labour, it means someone will lose out, this is an unavoidable price of these scheme.

But the prize, of higher employment in the long term is considered worth the short term loss.

Back in 2005 there were guys working for Asda in the chill warehouse claiming some sort of benefit or allowance, Asda part of Wall Mart, who make Tesco look small fry turn over billions yet their workforce is getting government subsidies? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

the quicker we realise its all a con the better
you have a work placement for 2 or 4 weeks will that help you the chances are virtually nill thats not what the government doing it for its for the statistics

lets say there are 25'000 of these courses throught the whole country and they last for an average 3 weeks
now lets say theres 25'000 vacant jobs as well that would be a total of 50'000 jobs and training positions then???
well no notice the term jobs and training as they lump them together to muddy the waters
the actual reported jobs and training will be reported as 1.3 million because its a 3 year program with 17x3 weeks in a year x the 25'000 =1.275million plus actual 25'000 jobs

plus the people on these courses are taken off the unemployment as they are in training
so the government can come up with the classic "no one is unemployed for more than a year " and "the jobs and training positons are out there"

also remember 16 and 17 year old do not count towards the unemployment statistics as they cannot claim unemployment bennefit

Back in 2005 there were guys working for Asda in the chill warehouse claiming some sort of benefit or allowance, Asda part of Wall Mart, who make Tesco look small fry turn over billions yet their workforce is getting government subsidies? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

1. Can you say what this benefit was, plenty of working tax credits, and housing benefits for those on low wage?

2. Did you read my link, it is not free labour for ASDA, nor for Tesco.

My own company gets people offering to work for free for us all the time, mostly students wanting something to put on their CV.

We have a lot of unskilled work that can be done (loading up testing rigs, sawing bits of timber in length, shelf stacking, filling, organising information).

In the 5 years I have been here, I have not yet seen us take on more than 2 people for a few weeks, despite me seeing almost weekly requests to work for us for free, for a lot of companies free labour is too expensive.

you have a work placement for 2 or 4 weeks will that help you the chances are virtually nill thats not what the government doing it for its for the statistics

Would you rather hire someone who has nothing on his CV, or someone that did one of these placements, if it was a choice between the two?

It's a way of breaking welfare dependency, and the entitlement culture (I know personally people who think it's perfectly fine not to have a job and that benefits are their "right").

The fact that successive governments also fiddle the statistics is a secondary issue.

I notice that very few people against workfare actually suggest any better alternatives?

I notice that very few people against workfare actually suggest any better alternatives?

Well, since you ask...

It costs the government approximately £30K per year, per job seeker, to run the Work Programme (which lasts for 2 years). Adding a minimum of £7K for benefits gives you £37K.

For the cost of putting 2 job seekers, only one of whom will end up with a job at the end of it, through the programme, the government could pay 5 job seekers a decent wage to do useful work in the community for 2 years.

The job seeker would benefit by getting real work experience, something genuinely meaningful to put on his CV, and some money in his pocket; society would benefit by getting some useful work done, and by getting some of that money put back into the economy; and profiteers like Emma Harrison wouldn't be creaming millions off the backs of other people's misfortune.

Go figure.

as a matter of interest Geometer where does the figure off 30k come from as thats £600 a week ??

Sponsored Links
Back