The Bayeux tapestry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Blimey what an exciting event :LOL: the French are going to loan us a jumped up tea towell :LOL:

I bet the UK population are beside themselves & cannot wait to view this stunning art work :ROFLMAO:

In 1797 a French force landed at Carregwastad Point in Pembrokeshire. They were seen off

There is a tapestry celebrating the event and on display at the town hall

May be Mr Macron would like to visit or perhaps have a loan of the tapestry :idea:

Sponsored Links
They are 'loaning' it to us because it's current location requires refurbishment.

Their options are either
- construct some other secure, climate controlled place for it to go and move it there at great expense.
- have Britain pay for all of that instead.

Sponsored Links
I heard a guy on about this on the radio in the week.

"France has had a far greater impact on Britain, than Britain on France", he said.

Although I suppose that France didn't become Germany was pretty significant.

A return gift may be ???

The loan of the magna Carta doc ( or copy) to France & the EU :sneaky:

An independant judicial system ?

from the people for the people of Britain , free of foreign intereference :sneaky::sneaky:

70 metres of tatty embroidered cloth = the bayeaux tapestry , that was allegedly made in the UK any way ??

Al least the Chinese loan out pandas :)

Last edited:
A return gift may be ???
I am surprised that you are not more upset that this 'document' is coming to England.

The loan of the magna Carta doc ( or copy) to France & the EU :sneaky:
Are you forgetting the Nationality of those concerned in producing Magna Carta?

An independant judicial system ?
:?:

from the people for the people of Britain , free of foreign intereference :sneaky::sneaky:
Depends what you mean by free and what you mean by foreign.

70 metres of tatty embroidered cloth = the bayeaux tapestry , that was allegedly made in the UK any way ??
... by the French(sort of) depicting their take-over of England.

As I said ...

:rolleyes: Robin Hood was involved in the Magna carter he was a Saxon ? (German?) . I saw the ridley Scott film :)

incidentally I worked on the film set of said film :cool:

I am surprised that you are not more upset that this 'document' is coming to England.

Are you forgetting the Nationality of those concerned in producing Magna Carta?

:?:

Depends what you mean by free and what you mean by foreign.

... by the French(sort of) depicting their take-over of England.

As I said ...

:rolleyes: I always said he was a sharp ;)

blimey thats a forensic disection of said post :) lets not split hairs :) but

may be the magna carta is not a good example of what to send . I will give the subject further consideration

If the tapestry were attached to a light airplane tail and flown at low altitude then everyone could see it.

I heard a guy on about this on the radio in the week.

"France has had a far greater impact on Britain, than Britain on France", he said.

Although I suppose that France didn't become Germany was pretty significant.

Perhaps this chap hadn't heard of Agincourt or the first & second world wars where France was rescued by this country.

Sponsored Links
Back