The Chinese flu outbreak .......wonder why there's panic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its causes viral pneumonia of which there is no medication. Essentially if you are strong and fit you should be able to fight it off, if your an old guy, you might not be so lucky.

Antibiotocs will not work in this situation.

Your actually completely wrong ....the Spanish flu killed fit healthy people faster than the young or old.
You could have someone well in the morning and dead at tea time. Because of their metabilism the immune system reacted faster in fit healthy people and killed them faster by their lungs filling with fluid trying to fight the infection .....the young and old didn't react as fast and had a better chance of survival.

Sponsored Links
Its causes viral pneumonia of which there is no medication. Essentially if you are strong and fit you should be able to fight it off, if your an old guy, you might not be so lucky.

Antibiotocs will not work in this situation.

Your actually completely wrong ....the Spanish flu killed fit healthy people faster than the young or old.
You could have someone well in the morning and dead at tea time. Because of their metabilism the immune system reacted faster in fit healthy people and killed them faster by their lungs filling with fluid trying to fight the infection .....the young and old didn't react as fast and had a better chance of survival.
Suprising difference to most pandemics.

The China virus does not have the same pattern as Spanish Flu. Those who died have all been over 60, with other health problems, apart from one who was 48.

The number of cases is accelerating.

Any numbers you see are already out of date.

A vaccine might be available in about 6 months.

If the fit young people who catch it recover their health, they will presumably have immunity and will later be able to work in healthcare or body disposal.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-eu.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fb86ebaec-3f65-11ea-bdb5-169ba7be433d

https://www.ft.com/content/9fb6a68e-3f3a-11ea-bdb5-169ba7be433d

Sponsored Links
Coronovirus, coming to a town near you o_O

So far its in 8 countries: Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Signapore, Saudi Arabia, and the US

Death toll 25

Its catching up with Spanish flu that infected a third of the worlds population and killed 5% of the population.

Ive had my flu jab, so Im alright :whistle:

Sadly, you're not protected by it.

Myself and the Festive gang laughed at this news item earlier...seriously? Did anyone else not think they've just chucked a load of diggers on a plot of land to turn on the spot and pretend to be doing sh't whilst they filmed with a drone, it looked beyond contrived :ROFLMAO:

If anything the real diggers are digging a **** off big hole ready to chuck the contaminated corpses into.
I was thinking along the same lines - could be just training people up on how to dig holes.

1400 people infected out of a population of 1.4 billion, that is 1 in a million, (an epidemic is something like 200 per million) and they are closing down whole provinces? don't make sense,

did you see the news footage last night, the reporters were driving through some city, (was that thick fog or was that pollution) and there was barely a soul to be seen. Are they really just indoors or ....

Suprising difference to most pandemics.

You absolute div I was commenting about coronavirus in the post above mine by Notch. So stand corrected idiot.

He always is, it's a gift.
Sillyboy wrong again.

I was commenting on the coronavirus. Idiot like yourself so thick cannot tell the difference.

Following dumbani.
Hahaha

Blind leading the blind.

I was thinking along the same lines - could be just training people up on how to dig holes.

1400 people infected out of a population of 1.4 billion, that is 1 in a million, (an epidemic is something like 200 per million) and they are closing down whole provinces? don't make sense,

did you see the news footage last night, the reporters were driving through some city, (was that thick fog or was that pollution) and there was barely a soul to be seen. Are they really just indoors or ....
Didn't see that but yep agree, something doesn't quite add up, either the press are **** bored at the mo or something is bubbling, time to buy a few extra toilet rolls maybe.

Sillyboy wrong again.

I was commenting on the coronavirus. Idiot like yourself so thick cannot tell the difference.

Following dumbani.
Hahaha

Blind leading the blind.
Can i help you here with insults how about Spastic thicko dumbo idiot-brain pea-brain poo-pants bed-wetter? :D

Come on the children let it go ;)

I don't think we are taking this as seriously as we should....... Handing out leaflets at the airport... Really
Didn't see that but yep agree, something doesn't quite add up, either the press are **** bored at the mo or something is bubbling, time to buy a few extra toilet rolls maybe.
It's like a zombie outbreak. You need to get on it really fast otherwise it's too late to deal with it.

https://loe.org/images/content/091023/Zombie Publication.pdf

Let's not forget that China has had other scary disease outbreaks in living memory. SARS being the most relevant.

If it is as lethal as SARs then if you wait until you've got ten thousand people infected (to see if it's reall contagious our really dangerous) you've already lost a thousand who are going to die, but worse those ten thousand have also infected another thirty thousand, who then infect even more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back