the combi boiler explodes, and the plasterer dies

The fitting of an auto bypass is not yet mandatory for part L yet in Scotland (I think its part L) but would be best working practice to do so.
The amount of bypass rads fitted to combis with a massive 8mm plastic run and a tinu 0.5kw rad are unreal and boilers will be noisy!

10% of boiler heating minimum load for a bypass that gives you proper temp diffs and flow rate through pump and hex would be the basic requirements in my opinion.

But to be honest does the T stand for T.w.a.t as yer condescending manner on here certainly makes it look that way :D

Most combi boilers have an internal by-pass, but the discussion is about 'Y' plan systems, so try to keep up son!!

If you don't understand what Delta T is, you're in the wrong job & should not be making derogatory remarks about a Master Plumber. Perhaps if you hadn't followed the Priest's trail of Smarties, you may have some respect for the better informed on here?

Both Danny & my good self have stated the best working practise for installing a 'Y' plan. If you don't understand this, please say so & I'll dumb it down for you.

Sponsored Links
Shambolic, which maker manufactures 8mm plastic pipe?

The fitting of an auto bypass is not yet mandatory for part L yet in Scotland (I think its part L) but would be best working practice to do so.
The amount of bypass rads fitted to combis with a massive 8mm plastic run and a tinu 0.5kw rad are unreal and boilers will be noisy!

10% of boiler heating minimum load for a bypass that gives you proper temp diffs and flow rate through pump and hex would be the basic requirements in my opinion.

But to be honest does the T stand for T.w.a.t as yer condescending manner on here certainly makes it look that way :D

Most combi boilers have an internal by-pass, but the discussion is about 'Y' plan systems, so try to keep up son!!

If you don't understand what Delta T is, you're in the wrong job & should not be making derogatory remarks about a Master Plumber. Perhaps if you hadn't followed the Priest's trail of Smarties, you may have some respect for the better informed on here?

Both Danny & my good self have stated the best working practise for installing a 'Y' plan. If you don't understand this, please say so & I'll dumb it down for you.

The BTU (or kW) is a measure of how good a radiator is at heating a room at standard temperature; the Delta-T value defines what that standard temperature is
The mean value of the inlet (flow) and outlet (return) temperatures are taken and from this figure is subtracted the approximate room temperature, universally quoted as 20°C. The difference, known as Delta-T, is the number given in the radiator’s specifications.

In other words delta is

Sponsored Links
All together now!!!......................Even the hard of thinking at the back.............Temperature!!!!!

The term delta , sometime's referred to by a small triangle , which is the mathematical symbol for delta , mean's the increment of a variable !!

Tony you do talk toss

Not sure what you mean by that remark??!! You BG CPS should show more respect for the likes of Tony, as his knowledge of appliances is clearly better than you lot!!!

I meant he always changes the subject to something about cameras. And I agree, I don't fit auto bypasses to y plans as there is always one port open!

The term delta , sometime's referred to by a small triangle , which is the mathematical symbol for delta , mean's the increment of a variable !!

And I always thought that it was a Greek letter of the alphabet!

Alpha, beta, gamma, delta.....

I believe u are correct , it is also used to describe I believe certain river or water way outlet's ?? .
Just to clarify with ref to Y plan & a by-pass , what is being stated is it is best practice (?) not to install , a by-pass , on a Y plan , provided that , the system is not micro bore 10mm , provided trv's are not on all rad's (school in earlier post) , provided the boiler manu' o.k's it some don't !

I dont think you should rely on the boiler manufacturer to tell you what needs to be fitted or not.

Whatever the rads have on them, the occupier can turn rads off so unless the boiler has a built in bypass then an auto bypass is required.

DP's relative's firm fitted a boiler at ladder height on the stairs with no heating control in the flat. The only way the tenants could control the heating was to turn off each individual rad !

Tony

I agree . I doubt that many manu's would sanction a Y plan with no by-pass !!! I believe the gloworm betacom manual specifically state that a dedicated by-pass must be fitted & that it is not acceptable to use a rad without a trv for this purpose ! have a good day :)

I dont think you should rely on the boiler manufacturer to tell you what needs to be fitted or not.

Indeed Tony, after all it does state in most MI's that any external condensate pipe, 32mm should be fitted??!! And we all know after the weather we have had, what a load of boll.x that is!!!

For a 'Y' plan; Two LS radiator valve on a radiator or towel rail that has sufficient circulation to permit pump over-run, no by-pass required.................Job done!!

Not sure what type of LS radiator valves you use 'transam', but the ones we use are caps & to turn a rad off, they'd need to get the footies out!!.............. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back