The Coming Ice Age...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did these guys up the pace in the search for the holy grail ?
"...These two serious, careful scientists — geophysicist Maurice Ewing, director of Columbia University’s Lamont Geological Observatory, and geologist-meteorologist William Donn believe they have finally found the explanation for the giant glaciers, which four times during the past million years have advanced and retreated over the earth. If they are right, the world is now heading into another Ice Age..."

ARTICLE — From the September 1958 issue of Harpers Magazine.
https://harpers.org/archive/1958/09/the-coming-ice-age/?single=1

-0-

Sponsored Links
I loved the films. I can't wait for the forthcoming one - when's it released?

Sponsored Links
Jesus, that articles hard going. It'll take me several attempts I think.

So, assuming they're right, does that mean that the coming ice age will negate global warming, or that global waming will overcome the potential ice age dangers.

I think it hit 54C in Saudia Arabia recently, so you're "sweat", is their fry. Of course both extremes will cause problems, but a big freeze would reduce the population as the ability to grow food globally becomes more difficult. Maybe this is natures way of dealing with over population.

I think it hit 54C in Saudia Arabia recently, so you're "sweat", is their fry. Of course both extremes will cause problems, but a big freeze would reduce the population as the ability to grow food globally becomes more difficult.
Won't different parts of the world become suitable (and unsuitable) to grow food?

Maybe this is natures way of dealing with over population.
I think it works the other way round.

Do you think I should get a North Face coat, or will my padded one from New Look be OK?

Depends if you don't mind bulk and weight. Means a lot when you are travelling.

I won't be traveling. But didn't want to appear too chavvy in the aftermath with the other survivors. I want to be approachable.

Global warming

If u live in Greenland it could be of benefit , bloke on the telley is growing strawberrys in his garden , never happened before

plus the interior is opening up , only about 800,000 people live there , plus there constitution states that the countries wealth has to be shared out

amongst the population , ice cap melting , minerals become easier to mine / get . Gold, Diamonds ??

Blimey them Green landers could end up some of the richest in the world .

Incidentally Greenland left the EU years ago :)

Sponsored Links
Back