The correct moisure level in a wall before replastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had a mold problem in my exterior wall.

I have 80 year old interior plaster walls.

My question is on my moisture meter, what would be the correct level of moisture reading (low enough) before I go ahead and patch the plaster.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

My question is on my moisture meter, what would be the correct level of moisture reading (low enough) before I go ahead and patch the plaster.

Thanks

As long as you have solved the cause of the damp you don't need it to dry out. Wetter the better if you are going to render it.

Thanks

As long as you have solved the cause of the damp you don't need it to dry out. Wetter the better if you are going to render it.

Peaps shouldnt you be working

Thanks

yea as you havnt worked all day you must work at night.....

Sponsored Links

Thanks

yea as you havnt worked all day you must work at night.....

and if you arent working that means you dont work full time and therefore i wouldnt employ you

Still clearing out a room, some I did around xmas. Cam is pooped, full of dust so will take some of the finish when it's done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back