The death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I doubt a week goes by without the call for its return.

Execution is state sponsored revenge. Nothing else. Surely we can move on from that sort of thing? Would you reintroduce torture too? (like the Americans have). It's never going to be reintroduced so why bother saying it endlessly on and on?

Sponsored Links
It's never going to be reintroduced so why bother saying it endlessly on and on?

Cos someone keeps going on about it not being reintroduced :rolleyes:

Execution is state sponsored revenge. Nothing else.
In your opinion :rolleyes:

Surely we can move on from that sort of thing?
I'm sure we can when someone introduces something better.

Would you reintroduce torture too? (like the Americans have).
Yup, without a moments hesitation in the right circumstances and with the right controls.

It's never going to be reintroduced

so why bother saying it endlessly on and on?
Because it quite clearly annoys you for starters :LOL:

MW

Doesn't annoy me. It will never be reinstated. Tell me one place in the universe where it has been reinstated? As far as torture goes - reading your posts about speeding come pretty close.

Sponsored Links
Joe, can you really not cope with someone having a different opinion to you?

And instead of the death penalty - have you a sure-fired way of stopping knife crime, for example?

I'm quite happy for everyone to have their opinions - it's them that won't allow me to have mine that's the problem. The best way to stop knife crime is to stop chav families breeding chavs that stab people.

What's you definition of a chav? benefits? flat dweller? burburry?
do black gang members fit in to the role of chav?

Plus how can you justify removing a human's right of having children?

The best way to stop knife crime is to let the little b******s know that when they are caught and convicted they are going to die. Simple as that.

A chav is an under educated , unmotivated youth that society has no need of.

If we don't tackle the issue - we'll be at war with our own people. The haves (us) and the have-nots (them).

The best way to stop knife crime is to let the little b******s know that when they are caught and convicted they are going to die. Simple as that.

They don't care - otherwise they wouldn't carry a knife, Better off saying 10 years hard labour if you are caught carrying a knife. No mitigating circumstances - you got a knife or a gun - "See ya in 10 years kid - no parole".

A chav is an under educated , unmotivated youth that society has no need of.

If we don't tackle the issue - we'll be at war with our own people. The haves (us) and the have-nots (them).

What is it about you that society needs? :eek:
I think society could cope without most people?

And i disagree, Chavs are not have-nots... they have money, drugs, booze, big tellys, playstations, subarus, fashion clothing, tattoos, kids, expensive dogs..., the best trainers, four or five mobiles, they can afford to eat a McD's every day, an X-box oh ! and the the time to enjoy it all....
I spend most of my days in a cr@ppy office chained to a desk, making money for some rich guy, and come home just before bedtime, and can't afford half from the list above.
(almost sounded like a python sketch there for a minute :LOL: )

i suppose my choice of job is.....

but you didn't answer my question...

Why does society need you?

Doesn't annoy me. It will never be reinstated.

Tell me one place in the universe where it has been reinstated?
Whilst you may wish to advise on the other parts of the universe that you're obviously more familiar with than the rest of us, we don't actually need to leave the confines of this planet ...

There have been a few though Denmark is the only one I can recall off the top of my head ...
In 1952 Denmark reinstated capital punishment in the civil penalty law for crimes committed under extreme circumstances and related to war or high treason
... And it was repealed sometime in the 70's.

You may be interested to discover also that the EU is on the verge of a constitutional headache regarding capital punishment following the discovery of a clause within the Lisbon Treaty which permits the death penalty for crimes against an EU state ... Ireland are the potential block following the Constitutional Reform Treaty having been discarded by French and Dutch voters.

Another issue this Government has kept neatly tucked away :LOL:

Rather than make your usual brash statements about how things have never happened or will never happen you may wish to do a little research first ;)

MW

i suppose my choice of job is.....

but you didn't answer my question...

Why does society need you?

It doesn't, and one day I will be gone and the world will continue, but a sadder and less interesting place for my loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back