The end of the NHS

it is a universal insurance scheme.

It has the huge benefit that every person who pays, er, National Insurance, pays into it,

I know a few people who have never worked a day in their life, never paid tax & wouldn't know what national insurance was if it hit them in the face. At what point in their lives do our children qualify for heathcare????

Our NHS is healthcare for everyone regardless of any petty predjudice.

77 Brigade is actively promoting the possibility of removing what the unwashed perceives as 'free' & replacing it with the merrykun system. 77 brigade are recruited from the ranks of mostly failed soldiers. One day you will need healthcare, does it pay enuff?

Sponsored Links
At what point in their lives do our children qualify for heathcare????
Before they are born.
If you think about the campaigns, pressures and influences, etc, that NHS may make on improving the health and welfare of children, you could argue that children qualify for healthcare before they are conceived.

What people like mottie don't understand is that the private sector don't do tricky stuff...

Unless of course a private emergency system is going to be set up, but of course you'll pay extra for what the NHS currently provides...
And why is that a problem? If the people are prepared to pay extra for private healthcare that takes some of the load off the NHS, why is it a problem?

The private sector has always provided services for the NHS. GP practices are private businesses for example. The Private Spire hospital near me takes NHS patients to provide some services and treatment. What is wrong with that?

I don't think we'll see healthcare fully privatised in my lifetime. The NHS has become a religion in this country.

Sponsored Links
And why is that a problem? If the people are prepared to pay extra for private healthcare that takes some of the load off the NHS, why is it a problem?
There will always be a need (in most countries, even where a free at point of provision is available) for some private healthcare provision to provide for those who may not be entitled to free healthcare. For example, there are private clinics in many countries, Eastern Europe, Asia, etc for "medical tourists", and for tourists who require emergency treatment, perhaps under their insurance cover, etc.

You need to get yourself on some the football social media and take your anti racism stand there. Disgusting behaviour by some so called fans towards some of our players.
WTF does that have to do with the NHS?
Why do some people insist on spreading their petty, private and political squabbles throughout other unrelated threads? That's the way to get threads locked and invoke the ire of the OP.
I was merely reinforcing your comment, that private medical care will always be needed.
Calm down and get over recent squabbles.

A lot of football social media is on Facebook, and I avoid Facebook. Always have since its earliest days.
Twitter and other platforms, I am already on.
As said multiple times, I denounce racism whenever, and where ever I encounter it. That doesn't mean that I have to go looking for it.
I know what I need to do, and your opinion on what I need to do is not welcome, especially as you have not provided any worthwhile examples recently. But maybe you could start denouncing racism yourself?

GPs I think get paid £155 per patient for unlimited calls and access. See a private GP for 20 mins will cost you about £100. The NHS is very good value for money.

Unless you want a US system where people pay through the nose for nothing much more.

As to denying people healthcare- do you stop them from coming into Emergency rooms? If you don't then like in the US people who are poor and cannot afford it will finally stumble into the A&E where there simple conditions end up being organ failures costings x100 more than if they could access healthcare - a stitch in time saves nine.

The desperation for those on here to sell private healthcare for all.

You can have a public and private health system - we just need to keep them separate.

GPs I think get paid £155 per patient for unlimited calls and access. See a private GP for 20 mins will cost you about £100. The NHS is very good value for money.

Unless you want a US system where people pay through the nose for nothing much more.

As to denying people healthcare- do you stop them from coming into Emergency rooms? If you don't then like in the US people who are poor and cannot afford it will finally stumble into the A&E where there simple conditions end up being organ failures costings x100 more than if they could access healthcare - a stitch in time saves nine.

The desperation for those on here to sell private healthcare for all.

You can have a public and private health system - we just need to keep them separate.
When i visited Miami a few years ago i was disgusted to see the number of what i assumed to be homeless people with some serious medical issues that lived on the streets. I watched a policeman 'move on' a man who was face down on the pavement. When he got to his feet it was clear he had some serious medical issues that, for all its faults, the NHS would have treated without question, no matter the financial status of the patient.

Free healthcare for all is an amazing concept that we take for granted in this country. However, the NHS is far from perfect, and i don't understand the fear of the private sector being used to supply some of the free healthcare that the NHS provides.

If i understand correctly, GP's get paid per patient, whether they see a patient or not. I'd be interested to know on average how many times per year a person has an appointment with a GP to understand if it is good value for money.

I'd be interested to know on average how many times per year a person has an appointment with a GP to understand if it is good value for money.

I believe most of the cost is on older people, and those with chronic illness.

It's amusing to see older brexers moaning about the cost of fit young migrant workers.

Bankrupt.jpg

I think you've taken my post the wrong way. It was a genuine comment with no hidden agenda.
Your intentions were properly interpreted, in my opinion.

I am aware you have strong feelings on racism, and the media are widely reporting disgusting racist behaviour on social media by some so called fans. I accept that this thread might have been the wrong place to raise it, but it was raised to bring it to your attention with no malice intended.
You think I need your guidance to find some incidents of racism? You've got to be having a laugh?

The US is not the only system.
A proper beginning would be to find or define a paradigm and create or adopt a system that closely resembles it, to provide the desired objectives.

There are models that work extremely well that combine the best of both worlds.

the NHS would have treated without question, no matter the financial status of the patient.
Or no matter the immigration/citizen status of the patient.
That should be a universal principle, free emergency health care for all.

Free healthcare for all is an amazing concept that we take for granted in this country.
Except it doesn't exist in reality.

Sponsored Links
Back