The Falklands saga

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will it ever kick off again? Argentina are a nation on the rise and the islands are in their back garden.

Sponsored Links
Over a thousand miles from the Falklands to Argentina.. Hardly Argy's back garden though. We'll have to bring back Maggie if it all kicks off. ;) ;)

We've got one ship and a submarine which will stop them getting near there in the first place.

And a few planes waiting on the island as back up.

There is no way the argies will be allowed to land and get hold of the tech we have there now, and with the prospect of oil discovery, we wont be letting them go any time soon

Sponsored Links
They're kicking off as usual, to create a distraction from their domestic issues. i.e, they are refusing to repay their IMF loans, despite being perfectly capable of doing so. I think the Falklands is around 350 miles off the coast of Argentina, but still in international waters. Therefore, their claim is baseless.

Argentina are a nation on the rise and the islands are in their back garden.
They are taking the rise , just like you, in your shed with a bed in the back garden :mrgreen:

Hopefully we've got a few pea-shooters left to hold them off for a while.

I hope that if the Argentinian military attempt to take the Falklands, Cameron will have the guts to push the red button.

We've discussed this before. A few trillion dollars worth of oil in the local vicinity seems a reasonable explanation for their claim.

Sponsored Links
Back