THE FORUM IS GOING DOWN HILL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I am a newcomer to the forum but even during the short time I have been on DIYNOT I have noticed an ridiculous amount of ' offensive ' words that have been 'starred out? ' for no apparent reason. I myself had the word pu$$y starred out!!. So by that token I can't say the word "pu$$y cat". Obviously I have used the dollar symbol here because the real word would have got the 'treatment' so the mods truly do have a stick up their asses but they don't ask us to join. We decide to join ourselves. Certain members are a real pain in the ass and maybe I am one of them but I can live with that. Having said all that , this forum is very heavily censored which limits what we can actualy discuss as adults , and that is a shame because the forum definately has the potential.

Sponsored Links
Try talking about birds and say Blue Tits.

when i first joined this forum questions were answered within a very short time as there were lots of very helpful people, but now they seem to have gone just a few left, they way things are going there will just be a few nutters left, its time admin sorted this out, or are the troublemakers admin!

I am a newcomer to the forum but even during the short time I have been on DIYNOT I have noticed an ridiculous amount of ' offensive ' words that have been 'starred out? ' for no apparent reason. I myself had the word pu$$y starred out!!. So by that token I can't say the word "pu$$y cat". Obviously I have used the dollar symbol here because the real word would have got the 'treatment' so the mods truly do have a stick up their asses but they don't ask us to join. We decide to join ourselves. Certain members are a real pain in the ass and maybe I am one of them but I can live with that. Having said all that , this forum is very heavily censored which limits what we can actualy discuss as adults , and that is a shame because the forum definately has the potential.

Hey don’t rubbish all the DIYnot forums because of what you see/post in “General Discussion”. If you enjoy a good slagging about nothing in particular then “General” is the place for you, $$ ** & all; but you can get around them if you’ve half a brain :rolleyes: . Better still, go join a know nothing “General Chat Forum” which I’m sure are dedicated to this sort of piffle!

On the other hand, if you want serious advice about any trade, planning or building regulations, you won’t find a better forum; although some trade forums are more robust than others. General does nothing for me & I don’t really get it but some of the most seriously sensible contributors also regularly post there; each to their own!

Many a moon ago when I first joined, there were some serious debates on here and you could put your point across without being nailed to the wall. For sure, there were some 'heated' debates, but generally, points of view from others were discussed in a rational manner. Nowadays, if you dare say anything relating to anothers creed, colour, ethnic minority etc, you are labelled a racist - and wo betide if you have a different point of view, some members push the alert button and some even copy the threads to keep as so called 'evidence'
Get a grip on reallity - we all have an opinion and as this is our country, we are permitted freedom of speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back