The future of building control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
something a few of you might be interested in...

I was watching the original Part P tv advert on the NICEIC site earlier (yes I know, I was bored and should get out more :D )

when I ended up at the following link:

http://www.communities.gov.uk/index.asp?id=1509043

which lets you download a riveting document entitled 'The Future of Building Control'.

I warn anyone with a weak heart its a roller-coaster of a read, with several plot twists and a classic cliffhanger at the end when the hero......

Oh, ok, I admit it, it's dull as hell, but what did you expect :LOL:

Seems they are looking for feedback from 'stakeholders', whoever they are so might be useful to make sure that the electrical side is represented.

Only bit of 'interest' I could find it in was one of their suggestions:

Review and extend the use of Competent Persons Schemes

Following completion of the current review of Competent Persons Schemes, consider extending the approach to allow competent building contractors with a proven track record in specific areas, to self certify their work (works certified by Competent Persons are still subject to inspection and enforcement action by Building Control, but on an exceptions basis).

If you can't be bothered to download it, the email for comments is [email protected] - might be good to tell them what the reality of working with building control is, given some of the tales on here.

Gavin

Sponsored Links
Seems full of buzz words and management speak

'Customer-Centric' WTF does that mean!!!

DESL said:
'Customer-Centric' WTF does that mean!!!

I think it means 'we pretend that we are listening to you but do what we want anyway' :confused:

stakeholders are presumably the large queue of people holding stakes to drive through the hearts of the people who write this sort of rubbish :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back