The Johnson deal....its not quite what it seems

Sponsored Links
Everything that I have I worked damned hard for, but there is a side to self earned wealth that those who haven't got it don't get to see. I was a workaholic who neglected his family & luckily recognised that I had to change when I realised that just about everyone who was important in my life was giving me a wide berth.

I've never been able to solve a problem without creating a few others, I really don't see how anyone has ever solved a problem fully. I hope that I have only ever taken down big problems & broken them up into a few smaller ones.

We could play ping pong all day about how my way is better than yours but let me tell you this about your social housing, should it be the states duty to clothe, feed & house the population?

No, & neither should it be mine.

On one of my sites once a bloke called me a lucky bastard. He'll never know just how close he came, but I've had professional help in controlling my temper.

It's damned hard work being this lucky.
Fking great post and reading your last too I'm glad your hard work has paid off for you with the wisdom of knowing when to pull out of the fast lane before it's too late.

Strikes a chord here people say we are lucky but I look back to many many weeks and months spent manually ripping out my homes to improve in value. Alot of hard hard grafting people dont see. I had the same where people started leaving me out of loops because they knew I was too busy.
Just about finished my last project and hopefully it's the last!

Everything that I have I worked damned hard for, but there is a side to self earned wealth that those who haven't got it don't get to see. I was a workaholic who neglected his family & luckily recognised that I had to change when I realised that just about everyone who was important in my life was giving me a wide berth.

I've never been able to solve a problem without creating a few others, I really don't see how anyone has ever solved a problem fully. I hope that I have only ever taken down big problems & broken them up into a few smaller ones.

We could play ping pong all day about how my way is better than yours but let me tell you this about your social housing, should it be the states duty to clothe, feed & house the population?

No, & neither should it be mine.

On one of my sites once a bloke called me a lucky bastard. He'll never know just how close he came, but I've had professional help in controlling my temper.

It's damned hard work being this lucky.
I ain't dissing hard work, I'm talking about the system that allows the worse off in society to have no hope...

You say "should it be the states duty to clothe, feed & house the population"...

In an ideal world it shouldn't have to have that responsibility...

But when the system demands such a large proportion of your money just to keep a roof over your head, then the system has screwed up!

Why do you think millions rely on foodbanks whilst billions are paid out in corporate welfare - aka tax credits...

And allows the corporates/rich individuals to evade tax whilst persecuting the most vulnerable!

And why are the high rents charged by private landlords subsidised by the taxpayer in the form of housing benefit?

You had a chance to exploit the system and took it, but most people don't get that chance!

“A civilization is measured by how it treats its weakest members”

We ain't doing that great are we!

Sponsored Links
I ain't dissing hard work, I'm talking about the system that allows the worse off in society to have no hope...

You say "should it be the states duty to clothe, feed & house the population"...

But when the system demands such a large proportion of your money just to keep a roof over your head, then the system has screwed up!

Why do you think millions rely on foodbanks whilst billions are paid out in corporate welfare - aka tax credits...

And allows the corporates/rich individuals to evade tax whilst persecuting the most vulnerable!

And why are the high rents charged by private landlords subsidised by the taxpayer in the form of housing benefit?

You had a chance to exploit the system and took it, but most people don't get that chance!

High rents? Ask sir galahad he is a privafe land lord :idea: and may well be able to shed some light on the caper

It's market forces.

If houses are ridiculously expensive then so too will be rents.

Feel free to build a house and let it for twenty pounds a month.

No need to build a house when you can get a mortgage and buy a ready made house and then find a sucker to live in it and pay your mortgage for you.

I was an accidental landlord years ago, I had a good house in a bad area which I couldn't sell, I was advised to let it out rather than leave it empty and risk having it vandalised.
I had no problem getting a tenant but according to the HMRC the rent I received was classified as unearned income as opposed to earned income.
I only got rid of the property when the council made a compulsory purchase order on the property for redevelopment and gave me the market value which wasn't very much.
What I have always wondered was why my rental income was classified as unearned income, it made me sound like some sort of parasite.
I think residential property should only be allowed to be sold to owner occupiers, Commercial property can be rented out for profit , the profits could then be taxed to provide social housing for those who need to rent.

No need to build a house when you can get a mortgage and buy a ready made house and then find a sucker to live in it and pay your mortgage for you.
Fair enough but the same really.

How is that different than any other business?

Assuming you have a normal job, do you not get customers to pay your mortgage for you?

Landlording isn't a real job is it? Landlords have investments not jobs.
If market forces are allowed to take precedence over what is morally correct then why not allow people to sell their children or their kidneys as well as their house.

I was an accidental landlord years ago, I had a good house in a bad area which I couldn't sell, I was advised to let it out rather than leave it empty and risk having it vandalised.
I had no problem getting a tenant but according to the HMRC the rent I received was classified as unearned income as opposed to earned income.

What I have always wondered was why my rental income was classified as unearned income, it made me sound like some sort of parasite.
Unless, strangely different in NI, I would think that is incorrect.
After all, there are maintenance expenses incurred so how do you have maintenance expenses on unearned income.

I think residential property should only be allowed to be sold to owner occupiers,
Don't be silly. That has been the mainstay of the aristocracy since the Normans invaded.

Commercial property can be rented out for profit , the profits could then be taxed to provide social housing for those who need to rent.
Why the difference?

The profits are taxed, as is your experience.

It's a shame Thatcher's Conservative Government decided to do the opposite, and
Osborne decided to remove the private landlord so that his mates could buy the properties and return the status quo.

The biggest privatisation that has ever happened in the UK

Is public land and property sold to the private sector

Council houses? Other public owned budings and land

School. Playing fields ect ect

Landlording isn't a real job is it? Landlords have investments not jobs.
Just like investing in any other business.

If market forces are allowed to take precedence over what is morally correct then why not allow people to sell their children or their kidneys as well as their house.
I am sure they would if they thought they could get away with it.
It would likely be other people's children and organs, though.

Boris Johnson will send a letter to the EU by 00:00 BST to request a Brexit delay - but he will not sign it, according to a Downing Street source.

The request will be accompanied by a second letter, signed by Mr Johnson, which will say he believes that a delay would be a mistake, the source said.

:eek:

JohnD you're going to wee yourself over this one :LOL:

Boris Johnson will send a letter to the EU by 00:00 BST to request a Brexit delay - but he will not sign it, according to a Downing Street source.

The request will be accompanied by a second letter, signed by Mr Johnson, which will say he believes that a delay would be a mistake, the source said.

:eek:

JohnD you're going to wee yourself over this one :LOL:

Entirely predictable -its designed to get Brexiteers excited
and its worked on you
Brexiteers, so easily manipulated by Cummings, you guys are like lab rats

Sponsored Links
Back