The law and TRVs

gas4you said:
Approx 18/24 months ago. They may have got round by when the building regs plans were passed before this date :eek:

They aint getting "round" anything they are following the regs

You HAVE to install a interlock but its OPTIONAL to fit TRV's

Thats what I was told and I have never read anything to the contrary

Sorry I replied before you editted your post

I edit this at 2201

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
NOT optional to fit trv's. I will look up link and post here ;)

As I said I undertook my Part L about three years ago and what i said was how it used to be I did say that things have probably changed

must re do it

jaysus these arseeholes love ****ss balling about with the regs

you can
you cant
drop test
soundness test
tightness test

NO you CANT work on u16's
YES you CAN work on u16's
NO you cant work on u16's if the volume is less than whatever the eff it is

and others more numerous to mention

Grrrrrrrrr I hate the effing job

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
http://www.plumbingpages.com/featurepages/CHeSSHR12.cfm

just read that

mmm

why are they term Recommended good and best practice

where is the BASIC "you have to do it this way you git" practice???

Agree with you corgiman. The only installers who get away with not being up to date are the unregistered 'cowboys' who CORGI chooses to ignore whilst policing us who are trying our best to do things correctly. We're easy targets now with GWN :mad:

That link above, looks only like recommendation's for good practice rather than regulation?

It's yet another grey area for most plumber's because the goal post's get changed so often.

It remind's me of the vertical flue terminal distance's a few years back!

I did m energy efficency course in feburary and don't recall trv's being mandatory on all rad's, but not to say it isn't i may add!

Sam

gas4you said:
Agree with you corgiman. The only installers who get away with not being up to date are the unregistered 'cowboys' who CORGI chooses to ignore whilst policing us who are trying our best to do things correctly. We're easy targets now with GWN :mad:

if it was being used to keep an eye on us I would agree matey

but GWN is there to make CORGI even more money with direct advertising for some of the big boys.

nearly Every boiler that we have installed since it came out has signed up with "those people on the leaflet that came with your corgi thingy?"

mmm rum aint it

sod this I am going to open a shrimp farm in thailand

:)

gas4you said:
Recommended is new term for basic, you must ;)

wow so labour are now rewriting the dictionary are they???

thats right up there with self employed "volentary" National insurance contributions

COR I am getting mad now

I am nearly in RANTING MOANY PLUMBER MODE

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Follow my 2nd link given and click on download doc. This is the latest official CHeSS document stating basic and best practice.

Sam, I suggest that your trainers were not quite up to standard :rolleyes:

No slight intended on your part, perhaps you could ask for your money back :LOL:

I keep coming across Warm Front installations without TRV's. How do these guys get away with it?

solo said:
I keep coming across Warm Front installations without TRV's. How do these guys get away with it?

BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS THERE ARSEE FROM THERE ELBOWS WITH THESE POXY BLEEDING AND AGAIN POXY REGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huff puff

I am starting to turn green

:)

BTW solo My shoutyness was not dirested at you but tony BLuuuuuurrr

YAY the toss pot turd burglar is quitting next weeekkk

yyyyyyyaaaaaaaayyyyyyy

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but i struggle to belive that this is part of building reg's.

I fit heating and replace boilers for 'warm front' who have managed to pull out reg's from somewhere that have baffled even the most experianced fitters in my area, yet we have been replacing only bedroom trv's for a while now, plus the barret home's issue as above, i very much doubt they would get away with it. Especially seeing as this has been in place since 2005!!

If you can find me the same statement in another format, i will hold my hand up.

Like i say, don't mean to nit pick, but this is potentially quite a big issue from my point of view.

Cheers, Sam :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back