The most geekiest thing you've ever done

Don't forget to read up on safe ladder use.. ;)

Sponsored Links
Every day is a geek day for me.

I'd say today's high point was checking the home server logs when I got into work to make sure I'd shut the garage door.

06/09/06:08:41:30 - Garage Roller Door Open

Then when realising I hadn't shut it, sending an SMS to do it!! ;)

Now this post appears to have finished I would like to be the unofficial judge.

My Vote goes to ninebob for his brilliant act of Supergeekdom with his 1000th post and Adam in second place for general life long geeking.

And the prize, feel free to borrow my bike complete with your own personal plate :LOL: :LOL:

Gek.jpg

Sponsored Links
Adam_151 said:
ended up (well still not finished yet) developing a system for controlling christmas lighting

Can you e-mail me the plans?

http://www.electro-zone.co.uk/icicle

Next on the list is dimming, rs485 data transmission instead of RS232*, and music synconisation, when I can can get in the mood to work on it, haven't had much enthusiasm for a while lately :(

*Maybe I should go the whole hog and try and make it with with DMX512, though that'd mean totally scrapping the way it communicates atm, so maybe not

Sorry off-topic but pensdown is that an africa twin, been considering trading my bandit in for one of them or an F650. Is it any good?

Hey, a man who knows his bikes!!. It's a great bike as long as your inside leg measurement is 34+ and your thights are made of pure muscle. It weighs 250kg dry and the ride height is the same as my Discovery!

Would I change from a Bandit...tough one...

I would never sell it but then I look **** in leathers :LOL:

Something I want to learn to do one day... not for a while yet, and I'd have to convince myself that I'd not be a mobile disaster :LOL: (I'm sure I'm bad enough on 4 wheels, lol)

Pensdown said:
It's a great bike as long as your inside leg measurement is 34+ and your thights are made of pure muscle. It weighs 250kg dry and the ride height is the same as my Discovery!
:

Just what I wanted to hear, I'll nip up to the bike shop today to see what they've got! Don't you wear leathers then?

ninebob said:
notb665 said:
What is your most geekiest moment?
Remembering this thread from a few days ago and thinking it might be the most appropriate place for my 1000th post?

:idea: ;) :LOL:

Mine is thinking that ninebob doing it was pretty cool, then copying him..... ;)

johnny_t said:
ninebob said:
notb665 said:
What is your most geekiest moment?
Remembering this thread from a few days ago and thinking it might be the most appropriate place for my 1000th post?

:idea: ;) :LOL:

Mine is thinking that ninebob doing it was pretty cool, then copying him..... ;)
Of course, that's only your 8th post - in binary.....

<clings on to geek crown>

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back