The New Clampers (ITV1 18/10/16)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The program featured a police endorsed independent recovery company (openly named) in Luton, removing cars from the football stadium forecourt prior to a match.

Surely this is not an acceptable way to handle other people's vehicles, whether illegally parked or not?

20161019_224310.jpg

Sponsored Links
What do you consider is the appropriate way to remove illegally parked or dumped vehicles?

Well it's certainly a novel way of dealing with a problem, but I'd have preferred a normal police car lifting vehicle - and very prominent signs warning people what would happen if they parked illegally.

What do you consider is the appropriate way to remove illegally parked or dumped vehicles

They don't tend to get removed, just fined or clamped, but that's normally the daft solution to bad parking in London; clamp the car, and make it a permanent obstruction.

Sponsored Links
The vehicles were removed from the scene by winching (dragging) them on to a traditional recovery truck.

The picture is how they were handled at the impound. The fiesta was being prepared for collection by its owner. Complete with under body damage I'd wager.

I agree, very bad way to handle a customers vehicle and it seems all salvage yards use this technique.

You wouldn't think to check underneath the car would you. An easy claim if you could prove it.

just watching the program on recorded freeview
havent yet seen the forklift incident but to me a non car owner seems callas and wrong to use a method that will damage

ok just seen the forklift
so so wrong
exhaust pipe/baffle box catalitic convertor brake pipes underseal transmission all venerable on a working vehicle
suggest lack off thought or ignorance from the chosen "company " with the contract who treat the vehicles like scrappers where the running gear and other components are not important is at best stupid and nieve or even money led

Sponsored Links
Back