the new Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Appears that it includes:

1) Reason for the limitation
2) Name of person limitation was agreed with

I am quite happy about that though I always put agreed limitations in writing on company headed paper anyway. Having it on the form makes it more formal and likely to be done (communicated) properly.

Sponsored Links
1) Reason for the limitation

I see this is good. Quite often that's door locked. In some cases because behind the door is DNO high voltage equipment in others just some one forgot to leave key.

However the
2) Name of person limitation was agreed with

In some cases that is also good. You find it so many times.
Statement - "Your not allowed in there"
Reply - "Can I have your name please for records as to who stopped access as required on this health and safety form"
Suddenly they let you in!

However also many times keys are just not found and there is no other option but to write no access. In one building it took 2 months to finally sort out one cable. The cable it would seem was a temp put in during the building of a row of shops it powered the intruder alarms in as then unoccupied bays but when the shops were sold or let the cable was not removed. 6 years latter the end shop which was the site office was still powering the intruder alarms in many of the other shops.

Now to my mind with an Electrical installation condition report one should highlight things like that. But it would require far more than even the person commissioning the work could possibly arrange for it to be fully tested all that can be done is note the restricted access.

The only reason it was found out was the new shop wanted a airy feeling so wanted the suspended ceiling removed and super neat tray work with all the services on. We were left with one odd cable hung from ceiling on bits of blue string until we could arrange for all the alarms to be rewired. So not a simple inspection but still we must be able to write "Access denied" were areas are locked off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back