Selling house - buyers EICR report

The Electrical Safety Council did not become Electrical Safety First - Electrical Safety First is a campaigning name for the Electrical Safety Council.
With my emphasis - "Electrical Safety First (formerly the Electrical Safety Council, or ESC)"

Also, from the same article, this timeline (again with my emphasis):

• 2005 The charity was renamed the Electrical Safety Council and started to carry out the charitable objectives of the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting. NICEIC Group Ltd formed to carry out the commercial aspects of the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting.
  • 2006 Electrical Safety Council sets up its offices in Buckingham Gate, London
  • 2014 Rebrands and becomes Electrical Safety First

Also, it isn't run by the NICEIC.
No, of course not.

The fact that they set it up, and it is run by ex-NICEIC employees is just pure coincidence. As is the fact that it shares an address with NICEIC.

Yes, I'm sure that they abide by the letter of the law, and technically it is not run by NICEIC.

No - I am not so naive as to believe that in practice it isn't, and neither should you be.

Sponsored Links
With my emphasis - "Electrical Safety First (formerly the Electrical Safety Council, or ESC)"

Also, from the same article, this timeline (again with my emphasis):

• 2005 The charity was renamed the Electrical Safety Council and started to carry out the charitable objectives of the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting. NICEIC Group Ltd formed to carry out the commercial aspects of the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting.
  • 2006 Electrical Safety Council sets up its offices in Buckingham Gate, London
  • 2014 Rebrands and becomes Electrical Safety First

No, of course not.

The fact that they set it up, and it is run by ex-NICEIC employees is just pure coincidence. As is the fact that it shares an address with NICEIC.

Yes, I'm sure that they abide by the letter of the law, and technically it is not run by NICEIC.

No - I am not so naive as to believe that in practice it isn't, and neither should you be.
You miss the point - it runs the NICEIC, rather than the NICEIC running it.

Also, "Electrical Safety First is the campaigning name of the Electrical Safety Council." (Source: http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/)

Game, Set and Match.

Please go and find me any kind of web presence for the Electrical Safety Council.

And look at the first bullet in my list - the charity which became the ESC was NICEIC.

So it can hardly be running NICEIC.

As for the commercial part of NICEIC (as if it were ever anything other than a money-making enterprise), as I said, I am not so naive as to believe that "carrying out the charitable objectives of the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting" doesn't mean, in practice, "run by".

You may be.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Well - if you know better, you should go and edit the Wikipedia article.

And get in touch with the organisation itself to tell them that they have made a mistake on their own LinkedIn page:

screenshot_1286.jpg

Then when you have done that, perhaps you could resolve the problem that there is no web presence for the Electricity Safety Council. That could be because a hacker has caused esc.org.uk to redirect to electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk - that might also be something you should tell them.

perhaps you could resolve the problem that there is no web presence for the Electricity Safety Council.
There is a web presence for them you idiot - they simply campaign under the banner Electrical Safety First, so that website is belonging to the Electrical Safety Council and hence is their web presence.

There is no web presence for them. If you think there is then put the link here. And that will be a link to a site for the Electrical Safety Council, NOT Electrical Safety First. Or if you can't, accept that it might be someone else, not I, who is an idiot.

Also, you might like to explain why both the Wikipedia article and their own LinkedIn page (which they created) say that the ESC became ESF. Or if you can't, accept that it might be someone else, not I, who is an idiot.

That's what happens when you employ marketing graduates. They just love re-branding for no good reason.

The bigger issue is that ban-all-sheds is incapable of comprehending a simple fact which is stated explicitly on the campaigning website which operates under the banner "Electrical Safety First" - namely that they are, in fact, the Electrical Safety Council. This is further evidenced by their company registration with Companies House which again confirms that they are the Electrical Safety Council.

Of course he is also completely incapable of admitting that he is 100% incorrect.

I'm desperate to find out what the prize is for winning this discussion! :rolleyes:Why were we here again?:LOL:

Why have a calm friendly discussion when you can bitch argue and fight instead? :sneaky:

Why have a calm friendly discussion when you can bitch argue and fight instead? :sneaky:
Don't ask me.

Ask the people who decided that this:
And NICEIC begat the Electricity Safety Council.

The ESC became Electrical Safety First.

It's a "charity" set up by and run by NICEIC.
was so completely wrong, and that that issue was so germane to the topic, that it required them to start the "arguing and fighting", including calling me an idiot, when what it was based on was the following:

• Wikipedia says that Electrical Safety First was formerly the Electricity Safety Council. Not "ESF is the campaigning name of the ESC", but ESF was formerly the ESC.
  • Wikipedia says that the ESC became ESF. Not "set up", or "started presenting themselves as", or anything like that, but became.
  • esc.org.uk exists only as a redirect to electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk and not a single website for the Electricity Safety Council exists.
  • The LinkedIn page for ESF says that they were formerly the ESC. Not "is the campaigning name of", or "was set up by", or anything like that, but was formerly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back