The NEW Liberal Voters---Do you know what your voting for??

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
After the recent leaders debate, the liberals are now "supposedly" ahead of Labour and closer behind the Tories.
So a whole bunch of people watched Nick Clegg talk for an hour and decided that he's the man for them.
Do these people realise what the Liberals stand for? Have they any idea what kind of policies these people have come up with in the past? especially on crime and immigration.
Even their current policies have more holes than a hookers tights. The funding for cutting income tax under 10k is still unaccounted for due to someone not using a calculator(sarcasm).
A vote for Liberal Democrats is a vote for being soft on immigrants, soft on criminals and bending over and taking a jolly big rogering from Europe.
But hey, he seems like a nice bloke so he gets my vote :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Everything that glistens isn't gold!

Edited for obvious reasons

Welcome aboard. At least he makes a change from the Tories with their wealthy paymasters and Labour with their Union masters.

If you vote Labour or Tory you just get more of the same. Both parties are tainted by sleaze and economic mismanagement.

A real change is what the people really want - and that's Lib Dems.

Sponsored Links
To be honest, why not throw caution to the wind and actually vote for who you actually think sounds sensible? After all, we're in the s**t now, so there's not really much damage left that they could do.

If the libs changed their pledges and included leaving the EU, I somehow think they'd win it hands down.

To be honest, why not throw caution to the wind and actually vote for who you actually think sounds sensible? After all, we're in the s**t now, so there's not really much damage left that they could do.

If the libs changed their pledges and included leaving the EU, I somehow think they'd win it hands down.

.;..but as they want to introduce the Euro, i doubt that is going to happen...
If the BNP were to cut back all its racism, xenophobia, reactionist, mob baiting policies...i think they would win easily too..

However both the liberals and the BNP wouldn't be the same party.

I am looking forward to the epic fail and fall of the L.D.s at the next "debate"

Sorry, I was going to post this in my post above but I got called to do a little job for my son.

Anyway, back to the thread, how many voters (of any persuasion), know/understand what 'their' party is about? I'd be interested to see those figures. My guess would be that it would be quite low. There are some that will never vote as they haven't a clue and couldn't care less (as long as their OK and/or their giro keeps cashing!). There are those (and this is all in my little head, I have no facts to back this up), that will vote a certain way because that's the way their parents voted. There are those that vote a certain way because they don't like 'the look' of Brown/Cameron/Clegg. The list goes on.

I think the 'debates' are not a bad thing per se (quite entertaining in a world that is normally quite drab), but it's that 'entertainment' that I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable with in these days of The XFactor, Briton's Got Talent, etc etc. Personality is a factor that influences us all to a greater or lesser degree but I'm just not sure about where the whole televised debate thing is going to go. If it brings more people out to vote it could be argued that that's not a bad thing. We can argue all day about whether they 'understand' what it is they are voting for but it's their vote to do with what they like... that's democracy.

I am looking forward to the epic fail and fall of the L.D.s at the next "debate"
Why do you think they're going to have an 'epic fail and fall' skitz?

Its been coming a long time, for example, there has not been a bald PM since the advent of TV.
..but I am very aware that this swing to the lib dems is most likely the same people that voted Jedward and Subo...so it is a bitter blow for British democracy (imo).

The days when simply saying..."vote for me because I hate politics!!" gets you voted in, is a sorry day indeed.

The whole campaign of the Lib Dems is .."We're not tory or labour"...no, of course you're not...you're Lib Dem. ...but there is nothing new or exciting about what they are saying or proposing (apart from the stuff that doesn't add up)...

Sickens me, it really does.

Its been coming a long time, for example, there has not been a bald PM since the advent of TV.
..but I am very aware that this swing to the lib dems is most likely the same people that voted Jedward and Subo...so it is a bitter blow for British democracy (imo).
It's a very good point skitz. We need to stop agreeing with each other... people will talk! Before you know it we'll be forming an alliance and running for parliament! We might need a little help from a PR/Marketing team on the name. I'm not sure 'Skitzphemous' is gonna have mass appeal! :D

I'd be really quite interested to see the outcome of some kind of set up/investigation into how a 'look' would influence votes. ie if a political party was lead by a 'George Clooney' et al looky likey would it sway votes? I'm inclined to think it would.

The problem that the big two have is that if they start slating the Lib Dems then the John Sergeant phenomena will kick in and people will vote for the Lib Dems in their droves. If they don't start slating them and carry on agreeing with them ("I agree with Nick") then they will give the Lib \Dems added credibility which is the last thing that the big two want. So you see, they are in a lose lose situation. Slate Nick Clegg and you invoke the John Sergeant response. Agree with Nick Clegg and you inflate his standing. The big two have a very difficult problem to overcome. If the Tories can't win back around about a dozen close fought seats from the Lib Dems - then Cameron is sunk. It doesn't look like the Lib Dems will lose ground but will actually gain ground - and that means a hung parliament.

Let's face it. Joe Public sees the Clegg/Cable team as the 'Dream Ticket'. There may well be an upset on the cards.

Welcome aboard. At least he makes a change from the Tories with their wealthy paymasters and Labour with their Union masters.

If you vote Labour or Tory you just get more of the same. Both parties are tainted by sleaze and economic mismanagement.

A real change is what the people really want - and that's Lib Dems.

Well I was joking about voting for him. I'm voting Conservative as I always have and until Labour and Lib Dems stop filling the pockets of the idle and lazy I will continue to do so.

Some of the points made above by Blasphmous and Skitzee are really what its all about. The polls suggest the biggest swing to the LibDems was in the 18-34 category. This is no surprise, as this is the txting, xfactor, change my mind in a second generation. I would put good money on a majority of these swing voters not having any idea what they are voting for. A single european currency, a single eurpoean state, a complete abolition of any prison sentence under 6months, more useless ASBOS and electronic tags, more crackpot schemes to integrate criminals into society instead of making them pay for their crimes. Oh and get this little gem of a policy..........An amnesty of illiegal immigrants! Yes thats right, if you can get yourself into the country in time for this amnesty you can stay here legally! The French will be setting up boats especially for them! Its estimated our population could swell by an extra 1.5million in a matter of months! Thats another 1.5million people competing for jobs we don't have and claiming benefits we can't afford to pay.

Yes vote Lib Dems! If you thought Labour screwed things up, you ain't seen nothing yet!!

It's going to be a hung parliament. The Tories won't get a look in. After all - who wants the party of sleaze back to get their fingers in the till.

Sponsored Links
Back