The Omen 666

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The remake of The Omen 666 is to be launched on 06/06/06 hence the 666 after the title. Anyone remember the first Omen ? I can't wait to see the new one, just watched the trailer and it looks ace :evil:

Sponsored Links
go on then... why is it the number of the beast?

OK then I will try and shorten the explanation of why 666 is the number of the beast....

The language of the Catholic church is Latin. Each latin letter has a number attached to it (to signify it) and when you add up all of these numbers together in words like 'Lateinos' an ancient Greek name for a Latin speaking man, they total 666. The number is also supposed to be the sum total of all the letters that one of the heretics had tattooed on his thigh.

So all heretics were classed as being devil worshippers and so the 666 stuck - or something like that. :evil:

Did you also know that on 06/06/06 (June 6, 2006) the sun will be between the horns of Zodiac sign Taurus????? Spooky eh????

Sponsored Links
Brightness said:
Did you also know that on 06/06/06 (June 6, 2006) the sun will be between the horns of Zodiac sign Taurus????? Spooky eh????

and what about them poor little babys being born on that day now that is sad i bet there are plenty worried women out there

Well Bob, my eldest was born a bit too early for that date 10/06/86 but for the last almost 20 years we've been searching for the 3 6's on his head - they are there somewhere I'm sure of it....

I think it's be pretty cool to have a baby on 6/6/06 you'd have to call it Nicola or Nicholas (Like St Nick) or Beelzebub or something though :evil: :evil: :evil:

Brightness said:
Well Bob, my eldest was born a bit too early for that date 10/06/86 but for the last almost 20 years we've been searching for the 3 6's on his head - they are there somewhere I'm sure of it....

I think it's be pretty cool to have a baby on 6/6/06 you'd have to call it Nicola or Nicholas (Like St Nick) or Beelzebub or something though :evil: :evil: :evil:

or damian

toffee said:
go on then... why is it the number of the beast?

Here you go a better explanation than mine ....

The number 666 is cool. Made famous by the Book of Revelation (Chapter 13, verse 18, to be exact), it has also been studied extensively by mathematicians because of its many interesting properties. Here is a compendium of mathematical facts about the number 666. Most of the well-known "chestnuts" are included, but many are relatively new and have not been published elsewhere

The following fact is quite well known, but still interesting: If you write the first 6 Roman numerals, in order from largest to smallest, you get 666:

DCLXVI = 666.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The previous one suggests a form of word play that was popular several centuries ago: the chronogram. A chronogram attaches a numerical value to an English phrase or sentence by summing up the values of any Roman numerals it contains. (Back then, U,V and I,J were often considered the same letter for the purpose of the chronogram, however I prefer to distinguish them.) What's the best English chronogram for 666? Here's one that's pretty apt:

Expect The Devil.

Note that four of the six numerals are contained in the last word.

Ah don't be daft you haven't stolen it. It's nice to have a laugh :evil:

I do wonder if any Devil Worshippers have planned to have their babies on 06/06/06 - would be interesting to know :LOL:

Nelsy:cool:
I saw Iron Maidens 666 number of the beast tour way back in 1980's, pretty cool concert, but contrary to popular opinion the songs werent devil worshipping , but actually quotes from the bible, Its what taught me to remember, "woa to you oh earth and sea, for the devils sends the beast with wrath, fore he knows that time is short, he who knows the number of the beast, for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six :evil:
The lyrics continue:
I lived alone, my mind was blank, i needed time to get the images from my mind, what did i see, was it for real, the things that twist my mind and brings me to despair.
I needed time, time to think, time to get the devil from my mind.
etc
or something close (it was a long time ago and the beers working)
Makes me wonder how I managed to grow up relatively normal???

Sponsored Links
Back