The Post Office Strikes

Do you support the postal workers industrial action?

• Yes I support the strikes.

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • No I think they're commiting industrial suicide!

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • I don't support any kind of Strike action.

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Couldn't careless about any of it.

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
its more a case of fighting for your employment rights as the more firms try to get away with controlling your life and succeed, the more they'll try to turn you into slaves, being lucky to have a job reminds me of a tory who said get on your bike.
Yes and when he said it, I wasn't fortunate enough to have a bike. So borrowed a pony off of shanks, and found work then bought myself a bike to find more!

Sponsored Links
People out of work, families struggling to get by, no signs of employment leading up to or beyond Christmas.
Rising debt and repo's.

Should think themselves bl00dy lucky to have a job.
At least the other mail and parceling firms will be busy and they will likely lose customers not only for the short term but the long one too.
Get of ya lazy a.r.s.e. and be happy your employed.
Make your point another way and I for one will support them.

I take it your responding to my post, if I am wrong please accept my apologies, on the other hand if I am right here this.
1 I do not work for Royal Mail
2 If I did and my employer said that be available for 6 days a week and I will pay you for 30 hours for 5 of those days which will vary from week to week I would probably tell him to go forth and multiply.
3 I certainly would not accuse anybody, who because of circumstances, had no choice but to accept those terms, and agree to starting at 6am in the morning, of being lazy.
4 You are also obviously unaware, as was Business secretary Mendellson that Britain has one of the cheapest postal rates in Europe.
Finally you do realise that that the mail, other firms collect is delivered by Royal Mail, and that if they were successful in buying into RM, the cost of postage to areas outside the major conurbations would go through the roof.

Personally, i think Royal Mail should sack em all and employ ppl who want to work for 8 hours a day, the postmen are all spineless toe rags just like the firemen!! wouldn't know a full days work if it hit em in the face, let alone a whole weeks work!!!!

Sponsored Links
Personally, i think Royal Mail should sack em all and employ ppl who want to work for 8 hours a day, the postmen are all spineless toe rags just like the firemen!! wouldn't know a full days work if it hit em in the face, let alone a whole weeks work!!!!
Will you be telling them that when they come to put out the fire that's burning your house down? :D

Should think themselves bl00dy lucky to have a job.
You sound like my site manager,my response is ,luck is winning the lottery or not,and if you run the business as such then no wonder we are are in the ****e,shut him up he only said it once.Just wonder if this will drag on until the election where by it will be left to a new government to sort it out.

I bet your really Lord Mandleson using a pseudonym, failing that the other one who was kicked out of his last job Crozier.

Will you be telling them that when they come to put out the fire that's burning your house down? :D

Im not stupid enough to put myself in a situation where i would let a fire get out of control, let alone start.

I bet your really Lord Mandleson using a pseudonym, failing that the other one who was kicked out of his last job Crozier.

try working for yourself, then u know what's like to worry about having a job,

They should get back to work, otherwise they wont have a job to go back to, once the independent "uk mail" have taken all their work off them

Im not stupid enough to put myself in a situation where i would let a fire get out of control, let alone start.

What if it were started by an irate postie though putting loads of junk mail through ya door and lighting it? :D

What if it were started by an irate postie though putting loads of junk mail through ya door and lighting it? :D

when and if a "postie" ever came down my lane , i'd shoot the foo ker!! on sight as a stranger tresspassing

Yeah. With an attitude like that I guess you don't get a lot of mail. :rolleyes:

when and if a "postie" ever came down my lane , i'd shoot the foo ker!! on sight as a stranger tresspassing
You've been a member for over a year and a half and you've posted 17 times... doesn't seem to be much posting at all in your neck of the woods!

Sponsored Links
Back