The Post Office Strikes

Do you support the postal workers industrial action?

• Yes I support the strikes.

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • No I think they're commiting industrial suicide!

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • I don't support any kind of Strike action.

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Couldn't careless about any of it.

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just out of interest I thought I'd try and get a gauge of peoples opinions on the Post Office workers industrial action. According to the unions the general public are 100% behind the post office workers in their strike action.

What do you think? Obviously the Union wants strike action to have the maximum impact and so a Summer strike was out of the question! But I think the public would have had more sympathy with them if they HAD held these strikes in the summer ie Not coming up to the busiest time of the year.

Be interesting to hear your views lads.

Sponsored Links
just done some work for a guy who works for the post office. He said they have deliberatly chosen to stagger the strike action so it minimises the customer but will have most effect on management. Thats why they have had different sections of the workforce striking on different days, so at the most business or customers will miss one days deliveries, but it creates problems for the management in terms of trying to re-organize things.

not necessarily, one could be pretending to be a postie in his spare time.

Sponsored Links
Yeh it's disruptive and all that, but not as disruptive as having to get the bus into the next town* in order to send a parcel because the next two closest PO branches were closed down, and then having to queue up for 45 minutes at peak time because only 6 out of 15 counters are actually in use. :mad:

(*It's not as if I live out in the sticks either, I live in a London Borough!)

All thanks to this odious individual

They can strike as much as they like as long as this man is in charge. I'll put up with the hassle.

His pay rises seem to get even bigger year on year.

I don't really care what they earn - but there should be a 90% tax band for earnings over a million. That would sort the bankers out too. :LOL:

I know a couple of people who have been working for Royal Mail for years. It is a right cushy number with they regularly skiving up to a quarter of their paid time every week! :eek:

They have just "bought" my friends hours off him. He has been paid £20K to give up 20 hours per week and now works part time but regularly gets overtime! :rolleyes:

They won't give up this gravy train without a fight! :LOL:

Due to this industrial action there is a real risk that they might give all the posties - the sack

Can we get something straight here?

The POST OFFICE and the ROYAL MAIL are different companies, are they not?

How would you feel if your employer said that you had to be available for 6 days a week and would only guarantee you payment for 30 hours per week.
Many of the posties who have worked there for up to eight years have been trying to get full time but the bosses will not give it to them.
Yet they will take on temporary staff to clear backlogs, what a way to run a company.
No I do not work for Royal Mail but I know a man who does and I know a few managers there.

You can be sure that if they get away with it then many more companies will try it on, and offer less money for more hours worked.
They will all be jumping on the financial climate bandwagon.

People out of work, families struggling to get by, no signs of employment leading up to or beyond Christmas.
Rising debt and repo's.

Should think themselves bl00dy lucky to have a job.
At least the other mail and parceling firms will be busy and they will likely lose customers not only for the short term but the long one too.
Get of ya lazy a.r.s.e. and be happy your employed.
Make your point another way and I for one will support them.

its more a case of fighting for your employment rights as the more firms try to get away with controlling your life and succeed, the more they'll try to turn you into slaves, being lucky to have a job reminds me of a tory who said get on your bike.

Sponsored Links
Back