THE PROOF= DIY gas work is almost always illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy bob wrote

Please, don't you start, you are obviously not CORGI registered

Nope.

please do not encourage DIY gas,

Stating that ********is not encouraging diy gas.
Admin doesn't agree

you do not have any idea who are reading the posts, you do not know if they are competent or not, so you are the one who has no concerns for safety

We are on the internet. You can download information on how to make a bomb if you wish or how to make a gun.
What people choose to do with the information is their business at the end of the day IMO.
But you won't get it here

Sponsored Links
Balenza, please answer my question... When and where are unvented cylinders leaving bodies everywhere?

and please state exactly under which circumstances DIY gas work is legal...

This thread should be removed, not locked, it is not good to encourage DIY gas

Sponsored Links
From HSE...

"At present we do not believe that this evidence is sufficiently strong to suggest that current legal controls (ie for competence under GSIUR regulation 3(1)) are inadequate, and an absolute ban needs to be placed on DIY."
It is very, very, clear. HSE, are a law making government agency.

They also say:

226. We understand concern about the possible risks posed by incompetent DIY gas work, but believe at present there is insufficient hard evidence of incidents to support the introduction of a legal ban.
Again, from above, they clearly say..

The problem with Corgi brain washed members, they assumes a DIYer is stupid and incompetent, which is a disgusting attitude to have. The law says equally both must be competent.

Corgi is nothing in the whole scale of matters. It is a registration authority only. Its only power are to remove a member from the list and he can't work professionally. If I see a poor DIY installation and ring Corgi they will say go to the HSE, as they only deal with professionals. If it was a Corgi man who did it, they will call, and then get the HSE in to confirm safety problems. HSE are the only people relevant on safety - the ultimate authority.

HSE is responsible for the laws on safety and policing of them - NOT Corgi.

Building Regs are law.
Read it and learn. :rolleyes:

Now tell me just how do you interpret that... Don't just cut an paste little snippets... YOU tell me when a DIYer can work on his gas

Oh and those unventeds?? I'm still waiting

Billy bob wrote

Please, don't you start, you are obviously not CORGI registered

Nope.

please do not encourage DIY gas,

Stating that ********is not encouraging diy gas.
Admin doesn't agree

you do not have any idea who are reading the posts, you do not know if they are competent or not, so you are the one who has no concerns for safety

We are on the internet. You can download information on how to make a bomb if you wish or how to make a gun.
What people choose to do with the information is their business at the end of the day IMO.
But you won't get it here

Balenza has admitted to NOT been CORGI registered any posts he adds that are advising on gas in any way should be removed immediately, he is not qualified to advise on Gas.

The law says equally both must be competent.

So how does a DIYer prove that he is competent? and does he have to prove it before he does the work?

Balenza I would show you exactly where DD stated that DIY gas work was ok, but it has been deleted, it is quoted in someone else's post

All forums cover their ar**s, all it needs is a disclaimer as to what the DIYnot offical stance is

Just remember, there's more people killed on the roads every day than diy gas work. and without checking the latest figures, theres more people killed falling of steps than Diy gas

So are you saying that DIY gas is ok

Of course it is OK you ***********.

Ya talking out of ya Gas Ring :rolleyes:

Here is the quote, it is in someone else's post, but the original was removed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back