Status
Not open for further replies.
Diy gas work is legal.

If it goes wrong though..........

jail.gif

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Now HIS post has gone!

DIY isn't illegal, but as soon as you DI(FOR_SOMEONE_ELSE)
then it's illegal. As the builders found.
Gain has nothing to do with it.

Technically DIY (or otherwise) is illegal if you aren't competent to fulfil the law's rquirements, even if you get away with it. EG If you don't test for leaks correctly, when you should, you've broken the law - even if it isn't leaking.

My local B/control want 418.30+ vat to check any uncertified work.

If we agree that diy work is ok, if it is done in a competant manner in accordance with gas regs.

If a diyer comes to this forum and obtains advise which relates to gas work, and the end result is catasrophic (worst case), the work will have been done incompetantly. The adviser was unable (over the net) to clearly establish the diyers competance and has therefore aided and abbetted the diyer in commiting a crimminal offence. Who gets the brunt of fall-out, the incompetant diyer or competant advisor.
Or even the administrators of site for allowing such advise to be given without first establishing competance, using a method defined by HSE.

Food for thought.

Its about time this thread was locked and removed.

DIY gas work IS downright DANGEROUS.

If a DIYer gets it wrong and loss of life or injury occurs then you face jail.
If an RGI gets it wrong and loss of life or injury occurs then you face jail.

Its simple, you all need to get over it

Now lets lose this thread before someone with no knowledge has a go and gets it wrong.

;)

Sponsored Links
My local B/control want 418.30+ vat to check any uncertified work.

If we agree that diy work is ok, if it is done in a competant manner in accordance with gas regs.

If a diyer comes to this forum and obtains advise which relates to gas work, and the end result is catasrophic (worst case), the work will have been done incompetantly. The adviser was unable (over the net) to clearly establish the diyers competance and has therefore aided and abbetted the diyer in commiting a crimminal offence. Who gets the brunt of fall-out, the incompetant diyer or competant advisor.
Or even the administrators of site for allowing such advise to be given without first establishing competance, using a method defined by HSE.

Food for thought.

Well put.:cool:

this is becoming a little like a cillit bang comercial :LOL:

there are many LEGAL things the general public are perfect liberty to indulge in and yet unless they were totally isane it would be to say the very least foolhardy to undertake

who in their right mind would drink weed killer? :eek: :eek:
i tell you i know of a woman who did in 1983.
apparently it burnt through her gut into the thorasic cavity and consquently she died.
she was an out patient at a psychiatric unit ;)

Drivel is no more than a DIYer with ideas above his station, he is a danger and his posts should be removed, he does not hold any qualifications relevant to our industry and so should not be advising anyone

who in their right mind would drink weed killer?
i tell you i know of a woman who did in 1983.
apparently it burnt through her gut into the thorasic cavity and consquently she died.
she was an out patient at a psychiatric unit

Would of been better if tonic water was used for mixer and poured over crushed ice. any particular brand I could try (if its legal of coarse). :LOL:

;)

If you are going to DIY gas then you should just get a corgi guy to check it for piece of mind it is your family and childeren at risk or next door.

;)

Its about time this thread was locked and removed.

DIY gas work IS downright DANGEROUS.

If a DIYer gets it wrong and loss of life or injury occurs then you face jail.
If an RGI gets it wrong and loss of life or injury occurs then you face jail.

Its simple, you all need to get over it

Now lets lose this thread before someone with no knowledge has a go and gets it wrong.

;)

And Mods altering a posters text is Just as dangarous.

My second line definaitly read, DIY gas work islegal though downright dangerous. (although in bold). now alter that and identify your self as editing a post :evil: :evil:

Sure I'm seeing things, sometimes my PC picks up an unknown view, flashes for 1/2secs when submitting a post. Spooky, swear blind its a photo of someone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back