THE RAVENHEAT CONDENCING COMBI PROBLEM SOLVED :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have put quite a few posts on this forum about ravenheat combi.

The problem was it fired up but when it started to condence it shut down
we changed nearly every part on the boiler (like for like) from another identical boiler but no change.
So after 5 week of pulling out hair , I called in ravenheat.
they came out yesterday.
He checked everything changed parts with modified parts
2 hours later when he had about give in he said"ahhh I see what the problem is" he said is got the wrong plate.

At the top of the boiler where the flu fits on .

Changed that and BINGO . It now runs perfect.it even warms up the metal things fitted on to the walls

So here endeth the tale

Thanks for any help in writing it !

thermoman :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
It's nice to see someone post after they've got what they wanted. Even the pro's have learned from your misery. If any of us comes across the same situation in the real world we'll know what to look for.

One of the old French cans, used to have that problem.

You had to adjust the pressure in the exhaust pipe with a small butterfly flap or they wouldnt run

Sponsored Links
Glad you got your boiler fixed and thanks for sharing what the problem was, unfortunately this only reinforces my distaste for rubbish cheap boilers such as Ravenheat, this cheap boiler has now been anything but cheap for you or the engineer and should never have come out of the factory in this condition, hope everyone else considering buying a Ravenheat or similar is paying attention.

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
Glad you got your boiler fixed and thanks for sharing what the problem was, unfortunately this only reinforces my distaste for rubbish cheap boilers such as Ravenheat, this cheap boiler has now been anything but cheap for you or the engineer and should never have come out of the factory in this condition, hope everyone else considering buying a Ravenheat or similar is paying attention.
which condensor would you recommend ped

After spending a lot of time investigating and as I am "forced" to fit a condenser of some description I have decided the following, Worcesters are overly unnecessarily complicated, Glowworms are the tin cans they always have been and want 50p a minute to talk to their tech line, Potterton Suprima HE's have a add on heat exchanger and a bad PCB reputation and take 4 days to come out, sooooooooooooooooooo, after haveing an Ideal Isar for 4 years myself as an experiment and now the PCB issue seems to have been sorted out I am as from tommorow going to be fitting Ideal Isar/Icos boilers
from the price/size/installation factor, unless they turn out to be a problem that is what I will stick with.

Brave man ped very brave indeed.

I/we have not fitted an Ideal domestic boiler for 5 ish years, nothing has changed unless you get different model to us in the south.

Everything is crap anyway, I tell all my customers the same, the only Keston I dealt with looked amatuerish inside and had a photocopied manual and the reset button wasn't mentioned and had to be hunted for and then pressed with a screwdriver so not interested in them either, Glowworm cant be bothered to answer the phone, Ideal did and answered my questions, what you fitting then doitall ?

doitall said:

I/we have not fitted an Ideal domestic boiler for 5 ish years, nothing has changed unless you get different model to us in the south.

The isar had a complete overhaul last year with the wiring, pcb and heat exchanger and I believe it is now one the most reliable condenser on the market (was last year anyway)....still a bugger to work on though.

Glow-worm or Worcester in the smaller market MHS for over 30kw.

I phoned glow-worn the other week and they answered straight away, well few minutes :LOL: engineer turned up the next day.

ollski said:
doitall said:

The isar had a complete overhaul last year with the wiring, pcb and heat exchanger and I believe it is now one the most reliable condenser on the market (was last year anyway)....still a b*****r to work on though.

Still got an aluminium heat excanger :?:

To be fair for RAVENHEAT

I called on the thursday they said we will phone friday with a time
they called friday morning as promissed and came at 1.00

So thats not a bad service

Then this morning the guy phoned me at home and asked

" Is everything still ok with the boiler ".

I said yes and he said

" If you have any more probs to let me know".

thermoman :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back