The real reason for the push-out of Smarty-pants meters?

1200 bandit
0-60 mph2.97 sec.
0-100 mph7.46 sec.

Not that it’s relevant but the
Ultima is quicker

0 to 60 2.3
0 to 100 6 point Some thing secs
Also held or still does the world record for a production car of 0 to 100 to 0
And the

Fastest car around the top gear track twice
And that was with the old school engine
On road tyres and driven to and from the track

Top end in excess of 200 mph

Sponsored Links
I'm going back over 50 years now, to my A-level days, so if I've not remembered something correctly, please bear with me. With Alternating Current, Voltage and Current can be up to plus or minus 90° apart depending on the type of load. The only way to find the exact angular relationship between the current and voltage is by using the triangle of forces. An inductive load current lags the voltage by 90° and a capacitive load current leads the voltage by 90°. A pure resistive load current is in phase with the voltage. Virtually all loads show some inductance in addition to resistance. Thus, they are drawing more power than the meter is actually displaying because of the "power factor". Provided the PF remains above 0.95, the suppliers are (normally) happy, but anything below that can result is surcharges by installing a "power factor meter" which registers the worst PF during the charging period. Excess inductance can be (at least partially) neutralised by placing capacitors in the circuit. This is commonly the case with fluorescent lighting which are sold as "power factor correcting" or "high power factor" units. Circuits feeding motors often have capacitors in the same circuit for "smoothing" which is another way of saying PF correcting.

I currently have a 7.5 Chevy engine imported from blue print in the states pushing out 500 bhp
never quite see the point All that displacement just to achieve 500hp. when you can get a 2.0 ford to make the same power.
It’s a bit like a 18stone roid head with a 3” penis .

I’m not a gambling man but I’d risk my house that the reason they’re pushing smart meters is that someone (or maybe more) in the government has shares in the meter companies (or in the manufacturing of the meters).
Not so sure on that but a mailing from my current supplier indicates that all 'smart meter' readings go to the supplier via a common point so someone (some agency) knows how much electricity is consumed by all the installed meters at almost any one time.

Sponsored Links
Correct but an estimate is still concerned to try and average out total yearly use with an even payments. :( Use a bit more at some point and they jack the charges up sooner.

I think you confuse estimates with monthly direct debits.

Not that it’s relevant but the
Ultima is quicker
Yes maybe but the bandit can do that 0 -60 as often as you like.:) Within reason. No tyre problems and actually it's accel drops of at around 80mph.

never quite see the point All that displacement just to achieve 500hp. when you can get a 2.0 ford to make the same power.
It’s a bit like a 18stone roid head with a 3” penis .

Not really the point tbh imo

Each to there own though

Take yer views to Bugatti which afaik the veron is 16 litre ?

They could save a packet on production costs ???

Not so sure on that but a mailing from my current supplier indicates that all 'smart meter' readings go to the supplier via a common point so someone (some agency) knows how much electricity is consumed by all the installed meters at almost any one time.

It's not live data, but a stored batch of past data. Last I heard was perhaps a month behind.

Yes maybe but the bandit can do that 0 -60 as often as you like.:) Within reason. No tyre problems and actually it's accel drops of at around 80mph.

It’s a motor cycle

Why can’t a super car do exactly the same

As and when you like ???

Not really the point tbh imo

Each to there own though

Take yer views to Bugatti which afaik the veron is 16 litre ?

They could save a packet on production costs ???
only 8L and over 1000hp.

only 8L and over 1000hp.

Oh is the 16 the number of cylinders ??

BRM had a 16 cylinder F1 car in the early 70s or late 60s afaik ???

Leccy transit at good wood banging out 2000 bhp this week end

Fastest car up
The good wood hill was also leccy
MCmurphy concept car broke the record had internal fans sucking it To the track

As and when you like ???
With that sort acceleration I expected tyre problems pretty quickly but it was easy to feed the power in without noticeable slip which will always result in tyre wear. Suppose it's due to less total weight.

500hp out of a 2l engine against bigger and same power - I'd agree with you on that. Bigger is better but 500hp - aint so sure. 1000hp. Don't think I would be interested. No point.

I believe that the Subaru can be pushed to ~300bhp without peaky rev behaviour and still have a decent life - 2nd hand info though.

With an engine pushing out 500 brake there has to be modifications to just about all other relevant parts when fitting to a standard factory auto, unless you have paid a tonne of money for a performance car. Then what's the point? Might as well buy one all ready to go in the first place. I'll have an Audi RS6 please?

Then with cars in particular there is the power to weight ratio

Some of them caterham sevens are staggeringly quick using 2 litre Ford engines ??

All the top flight cobras AK , gardener Douglas , GK / Dax

will use yank V8s in particular the LS Chevy Range
although I have seen cosworth powered versions and V12 jag engines used

Sponsored Links
Back