The real reason for the push-out of Smarty-pants meters?

heat pumps

any one got a lake ? in which case you can have a
thumbnail_IMG_0505.jpg
lake source heat pump

all the pipes in the pic have been sunk to the bottom of the lake now

Sponsored Links
Because I am incredibly wealthy & rich beyond your wildest dreams, I suppose I could probably make a ground source heat pump work & stop myself & my family from dying of cold here in Dork Towers.

It's those of you shivering in your 3rd floor bedsits that I worry about.

Because I am incredibly wealthy & rich beyond your wildest dreams, I suppose I could probably make a ground source heat pump work & stop myself & my family from dying of cold here in Dork Towers.

It's those of you shivering in your 3rd floor bedsits that I worry about.

blimey dont suppose you could spare a few squid

I quite fancy an Ultima RS super car ?? self build project , 70 grand should tick all the boxes ? for a 200mph plus super car

could make some savings by ditching some of the carbon fibre extras :idea:

Sponsored Links
I quite fancy an Ultima RS super car ?? self build project , 70 grand should tick all the boxes ? for a 200mph plus super car

:idea:
I test drove their 5l+ BIG Chevvy enjined jobbo a few years ago.

Believe me that you really do not need to own a car like that. It is good to want one, it is not healthy to actually have one.

Have a looksy at the Locost. A good one can be built for not much at all.

In fact you are a legend in your own mind.

In fact you are a legend in your own mind.
Come back when you can convince the real world that a ground source heat pump will heat a house & keep the occupants comfortable in winter.

Until then I suggest you take your shill elsewhere, perhaps they'll listen to you on 'Mumsnet' !

Still not got a clue sorry.

Ultimately I will be charged for what I use.
Smart meters monitor what I use.
I will pay the charge dependant upon the agreed charge per unit by my supplier.

All the rest is fluff and irrelevance. :rolleyes:
Only because you're not educated enough to understand.

I’m not a gambling man but I’d risk my house that the reason they’re pushing smart meters is that someone (or maybe more) in the government has shares in the meter companies (or in the manufacturing of the meters).

The ultimate aim of smart meters is to enable pay as you use , so money from your account as the power is used. This would require a change in consumer law though . The other benefit to companies is the loss of all meters reader jobs and the removal of estimated bills which consumers have no obligation to pay .
Correct but an estimate is still concerned to try and average out total yearly use with an even payments. :( Use a bit more at some point and they jack the charges up sooner.

They can't regulate power into a house. They may be able to turn it on and off. Perhaps they can be programmed to recognise off peak periods. That was done with a simple timer and a separate circuit when storage heaters were being installed. I still have the wiring.

Fact of life with air sourced - if the bit outside takes air down below zero the moisture content will freeze. If it takes the ice down even lower yet more will freeze.

A gov advisor on the box suggested that if too cold the usual central heating gets turned on. Make of that what ever you like. This probably relates to the need for insulation and also the kw that can realistically be extracted.

There is talk of diversity on substations here

Chapman wrote a book on making from scratch. Think it's part of the Haynes series. I've always wondered if 2 wheels steering and a motorcycle set up at the back would prove interesting.

I ran a short wheelbase 4.2L E Type for a while. Last ones that would do 150mph. Driven hard so the the limited slip diff did it's stuff and tyres wear rather quickly. Spin them up and even quicker.

What's the fun in a straight line anyway. Many wont be brave enough to exploit what these are capable of driven "safely"

The local thieves may take a while to notice the 5 door.

Mostly to sack all the meter readers, some telephone support etc. Labour cutting.

It's a way to increase profit while pretending to be helping customers.

I test drove their 5l+ BIG Chevvy enjined jobbo a few years ago.

Believe me that you really do not need to own a car like that. It is good to want one, it is not healthy to actually have one.

Locost not quite on the same level as ted Marlows ultima

Engines for it are avaible that push out 1200 bhp

Probably tearing the back side out of it so I will
Take the 600 / 700 version

I currently have a 7.5 Chevy engine imported from blue print in the states pushing out 500 bhp was going in the next project but don’t think a Sierra diff will take the power

So a 350 small block will have to do

1200 bandit
0-60 mph2.97 sec.
0-100 mph7.46 sec.

Sponsored Links
Back