The referendum was not a mandate for No Deal

There was a time when you was our Pin up boy.... You was our John Travolta. Now sadly your just a John Bercow.

Intellectual honesty Bodd, intellectual honesty.

Go ahead punk -tell me where Im wrong :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
So you would have been happy with whatever deal the elected UK government came up with.

Why did so many Brexers vote against it in Parliament, and whinge about it everywhere else?

I always believed Leave meant Leave; there is not even an implication in the word 'leave' that there must be a deal.
Trade and any other aspects of the relationship could be discussed after leaving.

No point in arguing the toss with dumb quitters...

They've never answered that simple question about whether they can tell us about any direct benefits of leaving the EU...

And when their stupidity is laid out before them the topic usually mysteriously disappears...

A bit like bojo's hissy fit today...

Blaming the EU for his inadequacies

Does he not get it yet that the EU has been consistent, and is simply taking a stance that he and his government had agreed to?

Sponsored Links
So you would have been happy with whatever deal the elected UK government came up with.

Why did so many Brexers vote against it in Parliament, and whinge about it everywhere else?

Because it was S h i t

They've never answered that simple question about whether they can tell us about any direct benefits of leaving the EU...

And when their stupidity is laid out before them the topic usually mysteriously disappears...
OK; benefits of Leaving; control of our laws, borders and money, and ability to negotiate our own trade deals; bringing democracy closer to home.

But consider the other side of this coin. Remainers never tell us of any advantages of staying in the EU, other than 'tarrif-free trade' in goods.
The status quo will not be Remaining on the same terms. The EU is relentlessly going towards a federal state with its own
government, currency, foreign policy and armed forces.
Even if we Remained and kept Sterling, we would not be part of the eurozone and would be relegated to a second-class status without a
seat at the top table.

The truth and an own goal. Well done.
Unfortunately you have a tragic flaw in your logic - it is possible to have entrenched opinions, but not facts

Just for your benefit, I will repeat:

I am very happy to be challenged by any points I have made -so if there is anything specific you would like to make please do.

if not, well I thank you for your contribution thus far :)

But consider the other side of this coin. Remainers never tell us of any advantages of staying in the EU, other than 'tarrif-free trade' in goods.

I have.

It is not about the advantages of staying, it is the disadvantages of leaving.

Let's make a start

control of our laws

As a member of the EU, the UK has a large number seats in the Parliament, and seats in the Council, being, until recently, one of the most influential and respected nations in the Union. Do you think that (apart from tax-dodging rules in the last few years) the UK has generally got its own way, and found that the directives that it votes for are passed, and the ones it votes against are not? So the UK was mostly "on the winning side."

If your favourite party had any MPs in Westminster, what's the best you could hope for when Bills are debated and voted in Parliament? Is it to mostly be "on the winning side?"

OK; benefits of Leaving; control of our laws, borders and money, and ability to negotiate our own trade deals; bringing democracy closer to home.
control of our laws: we already have.
borders and money: we already have - we're not in schengen and have our own currency.
ability to negotiate our own trade deals: we won't get better ones than we already have.
bringing democracy closer to home: do you consider fptp more democratic than PR?

Even if we Remained and kept Sterling, we would not be part of the eurozone and would be relegated to a second-class status without a
seat at the top table.
That's b ollux...

We have our own currency and are (until halloween) at the 'top table', and have always been.

But just out of interest...

Could you tell us of any EU regulation/'law' that has directly affected you negatively?

Unfortunately you have a tragic flaw in your logic - it is possible to have entrenched opinions, but not facts

Just for your benefit, I will repeat:

I am very happy to be challenged by any points I have made -so if there is anything specific you would like to make please do.

if not, well I thank you for your contribution thus far :)

You and your help with "facts" reminds me of the carry on constable crossing the road clip:ROFLMAO:

The referendum was not a mandate for No Deal

By the same token, neither was it a mandate for a deal.
The question was an unequivocal Remain or Leave - no conditions - no 'ifs' or 'buts', just Remain or Leave.
Thankyou Tony

FFS Notch et all, frame it how you want it was a democratic majority who voted leave, no cheating no proven misleading on 350m etc remember case was dropped, its just plain sour grapes.

And with regards to your latest attempt to negate our DEMOCRATIC vote to LEAVE (there's no deal mentioned there) i can't speak for anyone else but i was pretty sure from early on the EU just wouldn't make this easy for the UK, i wanted to leave this imperialistic bunch for that very reason, the exit agreement struck up by May was all about what they the EU offered us hence it was thrown out by the majority of MPs (who im sure all voted against it in the interest of our country!)

So whilst the government attempted to leave with a so called 'deal' the EU were NEVER up for a deal, so the majority of MP's voted this deal down. SO you suggest here instead we just say nah lets forget leaving because we didn't get a good 'deal' let just stay now? Is that what you want?

Not you not anyone is ever going to strike a 'deal' with the EU. It will only ever be a divorce or exit agreement, Boris knows that, most expert negotiators know that.

Not John Bercow or that absolute scum Hammond et all should be meddling in reversing the democratic vote. As ive said before i think youll find all those who voted Brexit had they lost would of moved on and accepted the result.

The democratic majority who voted to LEAVE wants to leave our membership with the EU. That i believe is still the case and for now it looks like 'no deal' which will im sure at the very last minute the EU will step in to make emergency arrangements to 'help us'.

Meanwhile look at Germany hows that QE and Negative bond looking oh dear they're moving into negative growth.. must be Brexit again ;) Best dip your hand in your pocket ECB and Germany needs to buy more debt :D Dont even look over at Italy (2.1 trillion debt 131% GDP.. run away!)

Last edited:
I did not vote to leave with a nice deal.
I did not vote to leave with a bad deal.
I did not vote to leave with no deal.
I just voted to leave - the rest was not part of what I voted for.
If we leave and they manage to get an acceptable deal then I'm OK with it.
If we leave and they only manage a bad deal then I'm OK with it.
If we leave and we leave with no deal then I'm OK with it.

I'm not making a fuss about it, I'm not making many many arguments either way, I'm just waiting for what I voted for to happen.
Whether I'm right or wrong about leaving, I just want to leave now.

Sponsored Links
Back