THE RIGHT TO VOTE

L

LooPrEvil

Women in Saudi Arabia have only just been given the right to vote. That is unbelievable.

Sponsored Links
a country where people can still be stoned to death and you're amazed at women getting the vote? i'm more surprised they finally got it.

i just hope they use it more wisely than the men seem to.

Sponsored Links
Trouble is when the old man finds out who she voted for she will be stoned to death anyway :p

There are lots of things women in Saudi Arabia cannot do that I find bizarre!

They are not allowed to drive a vehicle

They are not allowed to compete in any sports activities

They cannot leave the house without a male guardian, if I pregnant woman goes to hospital without a male companion they will be arrrested :eek:

The list goes on and on. I respect other countries/nations beliefs, but I think they should at least try and modernise in some way the laws they adhere to.

Am I right in thinking that Saudi Arabia have only ever had one election?
So the woman have not really missed that much!

Am I right in thinking that Saudi Arabia have only ever had one election?
So the woman have not really missed that much!

Wasn't that where they voted to ban women from voting? ;)

We could do with following some aspects of their law though, it would cut crime overnight.

We could do with following some aspects of their law though, it would cut crime overnight.
Here we go, here we go, here we go... :LOL:

The thing that confuses me about deterrants is that if they are supposed to work, how come anyone commits a crime? One can only assume that the criminal is either insane or too stupid to live, I suppose.

Some parts of the Western world don't exactly have an enviable record on the matter either. There are at least few Western European countries in which women didn't get equal voting rights with men until the end of World War II, and at least a handful of British colonies (at the time) to which it wasn't extended until the 1950's. There were even a couple of European countries which didn't grant complete voting equality until as late as the 1970's.

Here we go, here we go, here we go... :LOL:

The thing that confuses me about deterrents is that if they are supposed to work, how come anyone commits a crime? One can only assume that the criminal is either insane or too stupid to live, I suppose.

Or maybe there are too many do-gooders around? What would have happened to rioters in Saudi Arabia - their deterrents work !!

Or maybe there are too many do-gooders around? What would have happened to rioters in Saudi Arabia - their deterrents work !!
Now I don't want you thinking I'm some kind of wishy washy liberal here, since I have no qualms at all about wasting proven murderers, rapists etc (providing the evidence was cast iron, which lends itself to another debate), or even removing for a long long time those with a tendency to steal. But I have reservations about who polices the police, if you catch my meaning.

Bank robberies in Saudi are just completely escalating..The CCTV just catches the eyes.

Maybe most of the UK Government commit these crimes, wearing the punjab or whatever it's called, when a vote in Government, the speaker calls, they eyes have it.........

Since they lost their illegal expenses, they have to top up their cash surely? :D

Sponsored Links
Back