The Saga of Our House

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, we are lucky in that our insurance company covered us when rot was discovered in our house. We seem to have been very unfortunate with the workforce we have had onboard, so I am here to hopefully get tips from anyone willing to help.

I took these photos today. This unhappy mess is our extension roof which the builders started assembling on Friday. We are now looking to prevent them doing any further work.

1.jpg 2.png 3.png 4.jpg

Partly due to Covid, we have been in a caravan in our garden for 18 months now and have been constantly battling the firm, provided by our insurance company, to do the job properly. The first floor is still uneven after being pointed out to them 4 times. We asked for an upstairs cupboard above our toilet, and they built this joke of a shelf.

When I asked why, they tried to convince me it was because building regulations had a minimum ceiling height of 230cm. Needless to say, when I checked and confirmed there was only a ceiling height limit for stairways, he wasn't too happy.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 852
Sponsored Links
Oh dear sorry to hear your troubles.

What have the insurance company said when you complain about the quality of workmanship.

The insurance company should get back to us today. The workers turned up this morning and were told, by their boss, to go to another job, leaving the extension and a good part of the house exposed to the elements. If it rains, the insulation between the walls is going to get soaked, so no idea if that is something that will just dry out at a later date.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back