Uneven shower tray, enclosure does not fit! Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Really need some advice on how to fix our shower problem.
When we moved into our house we had a Saniflow system in our upstairs bathroom so we ripped it all out and paid a plumber to fit the new pipes under the floor,fit a new floor and quadrant shower tray. Since then we have tiled the 2 walls and today attempted to for the enclosure. We have drilled the tiles to do this as per instructions. It is a frameless type enclosure (glass should meet shower tray) we hav3 discovered the try is uneven, this has meant we have not been able to fit the enclosure, the glass does not touch the tray and the door meets at the top and not the bottom.
How can we fix this problem this late in the game? We have a baby due next month so are running out of time and money to fix this.
Would I work to buy a strip of that plastic shower door seal stuff to fit to the bottom of the glass on the whole enclosure? Granted it wouldn't look as good but I really don't know what to do we need to make it water tight some how quickly.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Have you used a spirt level and checked the walls are right? And the tray?

It would be better to know the reason for the project being out of true. The trays tend to have adjustable legs to set the level.

If the tiling is over the tray lip and thus you can't level the tray then it's going be necessary to break or cut (multi cutter with a stone cutter head) the tiles going on to the tray. Set the tray true, seal the tray to the wall and then re tile.

Since the project is recent getting more tiles shouldn't be an issue.

If the walls are out you going to need to use spacers behind the wall to glass fitting strip. On some strip the glass can be adjusted a bit due to the depth of recess, as in it can sit full in at one end and 3/4 in at the other.

Pictures are the way forward.

Have a frame less shower enclosure, comes with a trim which is glued to the tray to ensure a seal on the door seal, you do not mention?

Unfortunately the job has been a long time coming so the tiles are not a recent purchase, they were purchased a year ago so getting the same batch will be impossible. The walls are straight it's the tray that's the issue.

The only seal I has come with is under the door and down the side of the door. Nothing under the frame of the rest of the enclosure so I assume it has to sit flat on the tray, hence our issue. That I doesn't. And if you position it so it is flat on the tray and slightly off at the walls the door doesn't fit to close, it's a swing door not sliding.

Sponsored Links
Honestly?

You making it hard to help. Please blow out the vague details, post up some pictures, use a level everywhere and tell us what's out of true and then (just maybe) someone can help.

At the moment there's sfa anyone can do, because you haven't explained the problem in anyway shape or form.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back