The Serious Risk Of Wearing Fake Rolex Etc Watches

Watches are a bit like cars in some ways except many more people buy more expensive cars than they actually need. Similar in as much as the name has a bearing on the price paid.

I bet you've got a fake Timex haven't you John. :)

Sponsored Links
Watches are a bit like cars in some ways except many more people buy more expensive cars than they actually need. Similar in as much as the name has a bearing on the price paid.
Well, no.
A more expensive car is a lot more comfortable, safe and reliable (you would hope).

A mate of mine had one of those casio watches with a calculator on in. It wasn't his birthday or nothing. He said he walked in on his mum and dad having sex. "Get out Colin and I'll buy you that watch" said his Mum

I thought I'd try that; so next time I heard my Mum & Dad at it, I walked in on them.

"Get out" said my Dad.

"I want a watch" I blurted

"Ok, Sit in the corner and be quite."

38EAFDA4-EA81-4529-A0B9-D32F33CB5D61.gif

Sponsored Links
I bet you've got a fake Timex haven't you John. :)
Nope. I wear a Bulova. I also have a bit of a collection. A Rolex, a Tag Heuer, an Omega and an early tuning fork watch plus some I have worn in the past. Then a couple of modern automatics that I should get rid of.

:) I like the Bulova as it has a sweeping second hand. A bit like some like the look of certain cars.

Well, no.
A more expensive car is a lot more comfortable, safe and reliable (you would hope).

Indeed a fact re being safer often and often easier to drive and more relaxing. Not sure about a more expensive car being more resalable. EG
Basic Ford Fiesta I guess is more reliable than a top enf Renage Rove has the FF has less to go wrong than the RR

On the odd occasion, I sat in a colleague's car when we did joint visits and the small Ford/Vauxhall car often a Fiesta or Corsa were a lot more osiers.

Well, no.

expensive cars are less reliable.

consider Toyota turning out a million Carinas a month.

they notice the spares dept has supplied two hundred wiper motors per month. They should last the life of the car. Something wrong. Investigate and fix it for the next 20 million.

Now consider Ferrari sell three Superblobs per month.

After a year they have sold ten wiper motors.

Too late now. They have a new model, the Ferrari Ultrablob.

Indeed a fact re being safer often and often easier to drive and more relaxing
A fallacy. Type approval takes a lot of that area out. No one sells a mass market car that will be uncomfortable to drive. Various models of the same car have always figured in car sales. The basic car at lowest price may not even be available. The add ons above that make ever increasing profit margins. It's how the industry works and always has. That leaves size, ride, and noise also handling. Life also figures. A Ford and others can be bought that may need a new gearbox at ~60k. Haldex produce a 4 wheel drive unit that needs regular servicing and can still have a limited life compared with how cars were some years ago. A lot of cars are used by fleets and companies. They can get pretty high mileages as they spend most of their time motorway driving = low stress. The Toyota Avensive is their go at a fleet car for the UK market.

Bells and whistles. ABS and air con are far more common than they were. I actually do use cruise control at times. Once ABS is there it's relatively simple to add other aspects to it especially after brake pressure boosting was added for panic braking. A safety aspect. Some press harder than others.

Some makers produce the same car under different brands. They may choose to limit the range of options and also change the interior a bit but it's still the same car. A lot of the cost is developing the car in the first place especially from scratch, changes of body shape are easier to do - good way of getting people to buy a newer model. Adding more bells and whistles wont be so good but will influence resale values but depreciation from new is a different subject. Usually the higher the price the faster they fall. Makes used ones more affordable.

Living costs - some people need a car to get to work what ever they do for a living.

A fallacy. Type approval takes a lot of that area out. No one sells a mass market car that will be uncomfortable to drive.

Try driving a Range Rover brand new one and a Fiesta or a Merc Gls vs vauxhall Corse or Porsche SUV big or small vs a small Hyundai.
You will note the difference in the way these cars take bends, accelerate, stop distances accident prevention measures, the nosie levels and other gadgetry to aid driving

I've been in my sisters Arngange and driven it - it's like a dream, you dont even relaise its gone to 70mph without keeping an eye on the speedo an the braking for a car of that size is awesome.

What I've said to the women that worked at a place I worked at as they knew I loved cars when they seeked advice - subject to their budget and this was years ago, if they wanted min spend and relaible car, I'd say a second hand Ford Ka with power steeering as not all of them had it - next level ws a Fiesta manual - those with a bit more money I'd tell them to by a vw Asmaller one auto as basically it was an audi

The brand new jeep grand cheeroke i got in 2007 overland had all the toys but the handling i knew was not great unless striahgt line nor the mpg as around town it was 12/13 if I was lucky in winter nd it had a merc 3 lt engine as daimler Chrysler are the ame

Spending money on most cars more of it does mean you get a better, more relaxing drive and often a safer car but not more reliable than the cheaper carrs as more to go wrong

Try it

I want to go and live wherever it is that they shoot all the TV ads for cars. The roads are always devoid of ANY OTHER VEHICLES! Must be great living there.

(p.s. for any numpties that are about to reply advising me 'it's not a real place' I know that ;))

expensive cars are less reliable.
consider Toyota turning out a million Carinas a month.
they notice the spares dept has supplied two hundred wiper motors per month. They should last the life of the car. Something wrong. Investigate and fix it for the next 20 million.
Now consider Ferrari sell three Superblobs per month.
After a year they have sold ten wiper motors.
Too late now. They have a new model, the Ferrari Ultrablob.
Thing is, I reckon in this scenario the old cliche is true. If you have to ask anything about the cost of purchase, maintenance etc, these cars probably aren't for you. Many of these owners, to an extent, probably couldn't care less if their <insert supercar brand here> isn't reliable in the traditional sense of the word. And if a replacement wiper costs £399, 'so what?' will be their attitude.

I have. A Land Cruiser is 10x the car compared with a Range Rover.. A certain Subaru handles a lot better than the majority of cars. A 6 cylinder BMW has some advantages but wont keep up with it. Some Volks are exactly the same as an Audi at times apart from minor trim changes. 911's can finish up going backwards when some one tries too hard - I have had one and didn't loose it. I've also exceeded 150mph in a tuned up E Type.

Reliability - fact is that all have similar set ups to get the engine etc running as it should, sensors and all. They can act up on all cars. It's an emissions aspect that all try to meet.

Your left with space - I'm 6ft 3 so can be a problem. Noise levels and power. The quietest car I have ever owned was a short wheelbased 6 cylinder petrol Isuzu 4x4. :) My father in law actually noticed how quite that was compared with a V12 jag. I drove that a few times too. The Daimler version. Also a Vauxhall Senator. |'ve driven all sorts.

LOL I know some of the people who worked on the Range Rover. ;) I'm saying nothing. I've worked along side some of them.

I have. A Land Cruiser is 10x the car compared with a Range Rover.. A certain Subaru handles a lot better than the majority of cars. A 6 cylinder BMW has some advantages but wont keep up with it. Some Volks are exactly the same as an Audi at times apart from minor trim changes. 911's can finish up going backwards when some one tries too hard - I have had one and didn't loose it. I've also exceeded 150mph in a tuned up E Type.

Reliability - fact is that all have similar set ups to get the engine etc running as it should, sensors and all. They can act up on all cars. It's an emissions aspect that all try to meet.

Your left with space - I'm 6ft 3 so can be a problem. Noise levels and power. The quietest car I have ever owned was a short wheelbased 6 cylinder petrol Isuzu 4x4. :) My father in law actually noticed how quite that was compared with a V12 jag. I drove that a few times too. The Daimler version. Also a Vauxhall Senator. |'ve driven all sorts.

LOL I know some of the people who worked on the Range Rover. ;) I'm saying nothing. I've worked along side some of them.

Lol, re Land Crusier Vs RR. When anyone, everyone has been in my RR, I jest you not, they go "wow" or at the very least say its a lovely car and one they aspire to if the could afford. Our cars, the closest they've been off raod is our drive, other peoples drives, car parks and parkinng near the beach.

I'm a realist and if I was to keep my RR for than three years, I'd be worried re rpairs etc. My car has never gone wrong and none do I think in the first three years it is the niggles.

TBH, I've never been in a LC and did like the Amazons for their size but looking on autotradr, the inside of even the new LA is like from the 80's not for me

You are happy with your car and good luck as am I.

Not referring to you but I have a nephew and a BiL that often talk about cars we dont have when we get a new car, Rolls Roce, Beneley, Ferraris etc - then I ask them are you getting one and their face drops as they got cars costing no more than 20k new and not only that a Range Rove or another big, sophiscated car may be cheap to buy used but its the maintenace and one of my nephews that dreams about cars and never says to anyone they have a nice car or well done bought a a c class 200 petrol i think it was and sold it within the year as it was using "too much fuel" and I lol at him and asked him did he not have the ability to research

Bottoms line, the kind of money we spend on cars I could buy almost any car inc Bentley, roller but we know they are money pits when used

Good luck with your cars etc and trust me, I'm more than happy with my cars and could buy anyhting but I am dreaming about a Bentley Arnage,
possibly in a couple of years when we sell a property treat myself to a new one, lol

Good luck with your cars etc and trust me, I'm more than happy with my cars and could buy anyhting but I am dreaming about a Bentley Arnage, possibly in a couple of years when we sell a property treat myself to a new one, lol
Yawn. You had better start saving up now then. Not for the Arnage, but for the time machine. You don't know a lot about cars, do you? I've told you before, Bentley stopped making the Arnage thirteen years ago so if you are going to buy a new one, you'd need to go back in time. How old is the one your sister allegedly owns?

...............................................................................................................................................................................

SWERVED AND IGNORED BY THE CAUGHT OUT CHRONIC BULLSHÎTTERS AND DREAMERS.

Sponsored Links
Back