Themostat help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've got an old landis & gyr thermostat which i wanted to replace with an Horstmann HRT2 i brought.

the problem is the wiring!! the landis & gyr thermostat has 3 terminals labelled 2 3 1 in that order. red to 1, black to 2 and nothing in 3. with a earth on the inner case.

The HRT2 has 4 terminals! any help to to which wires go where.

I think the L goes to 1 an N to 4! but what about the earth!!

any help please

Sponsored Links
can you get a picture of the dirgrams of the new stat and ill tell you where the wire go

Red to terminal 1.

Black (this is NOT a neutral, and should have a little bit of red sleeve on it) to terminal 3.

The earth can be placed into a terminal block (seperately purchased) on it's tod.

This new thermostat requires a neutral for the accelorator resistor. This resistor makes the thermostat far more accurate. It will work without, but will be less responsive. You DO NOT have a neutral in the cable to your current stat - The black is a SWITCHED live.

Sponsored Links
As per my post above.

And you defo need a neutral - Appears there is a neon on that one also, which also requires the neutral.

You DONT have a neutral in your cable.

You really have not chose the best replacement considering the cable you have. How easy is it to change the cable?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back