Theresa's bribe to the DUP was not actually arranged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
In a vague and detail-free way, we've been told that Theresa would be paying a billion to NI to buy enough votes to prop up her weak and unstable government.

A concerned citizen has managed to find out the terms of the payment... and it hasn't actually been set up yet. It must be agreed by Parliament, and it hasn't been.

"To our great surprise, the government’s lawyers responded by making an extraordinary admission. “No additional funding contemplated by the agreement [with the DUP] has yet been made available and no timetable has been established for the provision of funding,” their letter said. “We have also explained that additional payments contemplated by the agreement will be authorised by parliament.”

We were stunned. At no time, either when May struck the deal with the DUP or since, had the government admitted it required prior parliamentary authorisation before taxpayers’ money could be handed over to Northern Ireland. By never disclosing this crucial detail, senior members of the government look very much as if they had intentionally misled parliament, the parliamentary Conservative party, the public and, quite possibly, their prospective partners, the DUP."

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ment-deal-dup-article-50-tory-law-gina-miller

Is the country now run by buffoons full of bluster and empty promises? Do they know what they're doing? Is Theresa's bribe even legal?

Sponsored Links
In a vague and detail-free way, we've been told that Theresa would be paying a billion to NI to buy enough votes to prop up her weak and unstable government.

A concerned citizen has managed to find out the terms of the payment... and it hasn't actually been set up yet. It must be agreed by Parliament, and it hasn't been.

"To our great surprise, the government’s lawyers responded by making an extraordinary admission. “No additional funding contemplated by the agreement [with the DUP] has yet been made available and no timetable has been established for the provision of funding,” their letter said. “We have also explained that additional payments contemplated by the agreement will be authorised by parliament.”

We were stunned. At no time, either when May struck the deal with the DUP or since, had the government admitted it required prior parliamentary authorisation before taxpayers’ money could be handed over to Northern Ireland. By never disclosing this crucial detail, senior members of the government look very much as if they had intentionally misled parliament, the parliamentary Conservative party, the public and, quite possibly, their prospective partners, the DUP."

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ment-deal-dup-article-50-tory-law-gina-miller

Is the country now run by buffoons full of bluster and empty promises? Do they know what they're doing? Is Theresa's bribe even legal?

You will find the higher up you are in an organisation or position of power the easier it is to lie and get away with it. May could say that we have a secret base on the moon and the public would lap it up. You get away with the lies as the consequences are negligible.

Who cares?
The end goal is too keep corbyn out off power.

Sponsored Links
who cares I say

bribes / sweeteners etc etc

Tis politics ;)

about time some of you blokes/ snow flakes pulled yer eads out of yer back sides ImHO :LOL:

Jeez u all believe in fairy tales & they all lived happily ever after stories :LOL:

who cares I say

bribes / sweeteners etc etc

Tis politics ;)

about time some of you blokes/ snow flakes pulled yer eads out of yer back sides ImHO :LOL:

Jeez u all believe in fairy tales & they all lived happily ever after stories :LOL:

When a policy or statement by your party is shown to be incorrect or false you simply dismiss it as that's what Politicians are expected to do. Thats a level of moron where I will hand you the cane and you will hit yourself with it.

When a policy or statement by your party is shown to be incorrect or false you simply dismiss it as that's what Politicians are expected to do. Thats a level of moron where I will hand you the cane and you will hit yourself with it.

My party u are having a :LOL: even a double :LOL::LOL:

never voted tory in my life ;) & never will ;)

Oh & u are the moron ;)

snow flake generation were u believe in happy endings , fairy tales & your life does not impact on or harm others :LOL:

pull yer ead out of yer back side

My party u are having a :LOL: even a double :LOL::LOL:

never voted tory in my life ;) & never will ;)

Oh & u are the moron ;)

snow flake generation were u believe in happy endings , fairy tales & your life does not impact on or harm others :LOL:

So who did you vote for?

I take it you voted for Brexit.

repetitive "Muller" goading and abuse of member's wife
mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back