thermailte block fixings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to secure a double socket back box to a thermailte block and normal rawl plugs and screws can't secure it, the screws keep turning.

Is there a better fixing?

I thought about maybe drilling a bigger hole, say 2" then fill it with polyfilla then fix to this

Sponsored Links
use some bonding plaster, cement or bonding compound(used for dabbing plasterboards) and bed the back box on the block flush with the existing wall and let it set, jobs a good en :)

if rawlplugs wont do it use the old fashioned method of a wedge of timber hammered into the hole. Screw into it and it wont move.

Sponsored Links
Kevplumb's method has always worked for me, but I'm sure that screwfix do some special fixings for thermalite.

should be able to fix to thermalite fine 3" x 10 screws should go in fine even without plugs

Just bang a few screws in it. Get a bigger size if they keep turning. Once you get some plaster round it, it won't move.

Thermo said:
if rawlplugs wont do it use the old fashioned method of a wedge of timber hammered into the hole. Screw into it and it wont move.
Have you tried this method yet?

masona if youre asking me then yes, small wedge shaped offcut of timber knocked into the hole works for me

once its held in place and all levelled up then i use some quick set filler around it or mortar if im leaving it overnight.

Thermo said:
masona if youre asking me then yes, small wedge shaped offcut of timber knocked into the hole works for me
No sorry, I was putting the question to lewy

all fixed ok now,, i went into screwfix and they had some ''lightweight block anchors'' that you just hammer in then screw into that. They worked a treat. Thanks for all the replys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back