Thermal Cutout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody know where I can get an old style thermal cutout - the melty alloy type - for a Creda storage heater about 20 years old?

I'm getting nowhere on the internet, even searching using the part number that was helpfully attached to the connector block and obviously the shops are closed at the mo... It's for a dear old lady who could do with staying warmer than she is at the moment!

Grateful for any helpful steers.

Sponsored Links
how about hotpoint, since they and creda are same company,
the website (get phone number etc) is here

Cheers breezer, always there - you really should get out more!

No mention of heating on that site, but I have noted down a few of their local stores.

Has anybody had experience of these things melting? The heater is on a perfectly good circuit and all the elements test okay. The input control appears to be functioning as expected, it's just that this thermal fuse has melted. The annoying thing is that the supply is on eco-7, so unless I hack into the normal supply, or attend in the wee small hours, I have no easy way of verifying that all is well. Of course, I could easily bridge the link with a bit of 15A fuse wire, but that's not really acceptable - I need to find out why this fuse melted... the only thing I have to go on is that the output vent control is stuck on full; but surely this wouldn't cause the problem, would it?

Sponsored Links
dingbat said:
Cheers breezer, always there - you really should get out more!

No mention of heating on that site, but I have noted down a few of their local stores.

you are right i should. :)

i believe that they stopped making the heaters quite some time ago, i meant for you to give them a call as they may just (in some obscure corner) have what you are looking for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back