Thermal Store Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can you fit a Room stat to a thermal store heating system and if so what do you connect the wiring to.
Its a tower rs stat,

Sponsored Links
Yes and it very much depends on the store make/model.

Thermostat needs to be wired to control the secondary pump (ch pump)

Sponsored Links
I think you may be rather missing the point !

A room stat can control taking heat OUT of a store to use it to heat rads etc. ( By controlling the pump! ).

But a fully charged ( hot ) thermal store only contains enough heat for about one hours heating in a typical senario.

Heat stores are primarily used to provide hot water at a greater flow rate than the heat source ( boiler ) could provide.

Tony

All I can say is the r/stat needs to interupt the supply to the heating pump, can't actually tell from pic.

Hi
thanks for the replies, if i connect the stat to the CH pump, it should control the heating due to the pump not pumping if temp reached. surely the cyl stat keeps the store at required temp. probably wrong but hey like to hazard a guess lol

Are you actually going to buy this place?

Hi
if i connect the stat to the CH pump, it should control the heating due to the pump not pumping if temp reached. surely the cyl stat keeps the store at required temp.

That's correct. I have the same system. CH pump controlled by room stat. Thermal store controlled by cyl stat.

Hi
Have looked at the system, now the fun starts.

We have two electrical boxes, one upstairs in cupboard next to the cylinder, CH Pump + HW pump, the other downstairs in the garage next to the boiler. The programmer is in the utility room. The upstairs electrical box is
1 CPC's
2 Blk to HW Pump + Yellow to the Line on the Boiler Pump (via downstairs elec box)
3 Blue to Cyl Stat (sleeved red) + red to Switched Line on Boiler (via downstairs elec box)
4 Blue to CH Pump, Blue to N Boiler feed (via downstairs elec box), + Blue to HW Pump
5 Red to Terminal 3 on Programmer (HW)
6 nothing
7Blk to CH Pump + Blk (sleeved red) to Term 4 on Programmer (CH)

Downstairs Elec Box is
1 CPC
2 Switched Line from boiler connecting to Frost Stat, + Red up to Term 3 upstairs
3 Line Boiler Pump - Red to Line on Programmer, Yellow to Term 2 upstairs
4 Neutral Boiler Feed - 2 x Blues to HW + Ch Pumps upstairs, Blue to Frost Stat
5 Line Boiler Feed = Black to Term 5 upstairs + Red to Frost Stat

How do I go about connecting the Room stat to the system, the Stat is downstairs but it would be difficult to get the wiring upstairs.
Can anyone help my head is full of soft cuddly toys that are broken :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back