Thermostat and heating pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a back boiler installed with a pump and a thermostat on the pipe which turns the pump on and off when the fire heats the water to the temperature set on the thermostat.

Recently the pump hasn't come on when it should, ie when the pipe is warmer than the temperature set on the thermostat. There's possibly one of two things wrong:

1. The thermostat is old and it might not be working properly. Sometimes I have to slightly move the temperature dial for the pump to switch on.

2. The bottom of the thermostat is not making a good enough contact with the heating pipe. To try and remedy this Ive bedded the thermostat on a small bed of blutack as my father told this would work.

Is there anything I've missed or noth thought of which could be causing the problem

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back