Thermostat clicks off and on incorrectly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, i have a Sunvic TLX 9201 fitted by the builders when i bought my house 3 years ago. Its always been a pain. I have a digital temperature gauge and when i place it on the thermostat i notice that if i set the thermo to 21 degrees it would switch off when the hall was only 16 degrees. In order to heat the house properly i set it to 28 degrees which heats it to 21 degrees. However some times when you feel a bit cold and would like an extra boost my wife will set it to only 1 more degrees at 29 and then the house is like the tropics and can get as hot as 25 but never to 29.

what are more options, is this make and model just rubbish or could it be just my one.

Thanks chaps

Sponsored Links
Is it wired correctly?

Terminal 1 to timer
Terminal 3 to boiler
Terminal 4 to neutral

In my experience Sunvic Room thermostats are never very satisfactory, I would recommend fitting an electronic type stat which operate more acurately than mechanical types ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Boilerman2. Do you digital? do you have a make and model as an example for me to look at on the web.

Drayton make a simple dial type room stat, with electronic sensing,
for somthing more sophisticated have a look at Honeywell CM series ;)

Boilerman2 you're a genius. I've installed a £12 thermostat and now the radiators stay on and get hot until the hall reaches the temp desired. For 3 years now the heating would click on and off again before any of the rads got hot.

D_Hailsham you're too a genius. The wiring notes worked a treat and i managed to install it without killing anyone.

Heres to sitting in my shorts and t-shirt.

Kennycapes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back