Thermostat problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a problem with my thermostat I hope someone can kindly help me with.

The thermostat is a Drayton RTS1 and it does control the boiler on and off seemingly on temperature and will click on and off to inform me that it's sent a signal etc. However, when the temperature has apparently been met it will click off but as the temperature drops it won't click back on until I manually intervene and take it back above the click which requires me to just nudge it by the tiniest amount even if the temperature has dropped by 8 or more degrees.

It's located in the hall and the temperature can sometimes drop to 12 or 14 in the winter overnight but if the stat has clicked off it won't bring the boiler back on unless I just nudge the dial to bring it back on. If I turn the dial at this point the temperature is indeed much lower than where it was set (usually around 20) but it seems there's something lacking to not send the signal when required automatically.

Because of this I'm having to run the stat as a simple on/off switch and set it to 25 until I want to switch it off and then turn it to 10 again so I may as well fit a light switch to control the heating.

Sponsored Links
Roger! Will try and pick one up tomorrow and see if it's any different. Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back