Thermostat, Timer & Boiler Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, my first post here, so don't tear me completely to shreds!

I have a Vaillant Turbomax boiler, Drayton RTS8 Thermostat and a Siemens RWB7 Timeswitch, which I'd like to connect together.

I have attached images of the wiring diagrams from the respective manuals.

Please could someone give me some guidance on how to connect these three devices together, and what cabling I should use between them.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hello Kaycee81 and welcome to the forum.

You have answered your own question about connecting them together with the diagrams you have posted. However I have combined them into one diagram for you below. The earths are omitted for clarity, but you will need to connect them to the appropriate earth terminals.

The cables would normally be run in 1.5mm in twin and earth, with the exception of the cable to the boiler which would normally be heat resistant flex.

Because of the fact that the connections are split to different destinations, for example the thermostat wiring comes from both the boiler and programmer, the easiest way may be to use a centrally located 'Wiring Centre' (Junction box) and run the cables with the suitable number of cores from each component to the wiring centre and make the connections there. A Wiring Centre will also contain a cable grip for the boiler flex.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back