Thermostat wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have just purchased a Honeywell T6360 Room thermostat, as my CH system doesn't currently have one. I have TRV's on all rads but was advised that system would run more efficiently with a room stat.

Anyway, I have a Honeywell ST6100C external 7 day timer connected to a Baxi 105e boiler.

Could anyone either provide me with or explain the connections required from the Room stat to the rest of the system, as the instructions provided with the stat don't seem very clear.

Thanks,
Electronman.

Sponsored Links
If your system is wired like mine was, you'll probably find that the white wire from the valve is wired into 4 on the connection block - this means that when the ST699 is set to "heating on" (i.e. 3 on the 699 is live) then the heating will run. I had to move the white wire onto 5 on the connection block.

My timer is a ST699.

HTH
Bixfoo

Sponsored Links
Ignore what bixfoo has said, as you know your boiler is a combi and he is speaking about an entirley different system.

From memory live in on connection 1 live out on connection3 of roomstat . look at wiring diagram in boiler installation instructions there is a picture how to wire it

Hi There,

I have wired the thermostat up and all appears to work, i.e. there is a call for heat if the thermostat is turned up past 20 degrees. However, the neon on the front panel of the T6360 stays lit all the time, even though I understand it is only supposed to be lit when there's a call for heat?

I have wired it as follows.

Switched Live from ST6100C connected to Terminal 1 of T6360

Output from T6360 (terminal 3) connected to Terminal 2 on boiler terminal block.

Terminal 2 of T6360 (Neutral) connected to Neutral terminal on boiler terminal block.

Is this correct? If so, does anyone know why the neon is staying illuminated even if there isn't a demand for heat?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks,
Electronman.

Ignoring neutral just now . It is just one big loop. Out of boiler terminal 1 to clock terminal 1 out of clock terminal 4 to roomstat terminal 1 out of room stat terminal 3 to boiler terminal 2. Easiest way is to take your roomstat cable back up to the clock and use single terminal block to make loop or use spare terminal on backplate thik this is number3 but check in clock instructions

Hi namsag,

That is the way that I've wired it. I have connected the Neutral to allow the anticipator to work for more accurate temp control.

Still not sure why the neon on the stat is on all the time though.

Anyone else any ideas??

Thanks,
Electronman.

Hi again,

I've just noticed on an application sheet on Honeywell's site that a connection is made (dotted line) between pin 2 and 6 and pin 3 and 5, pins 5 and 6 being the lamp terminals.

This wasn't shown on the sheet that came with the stat and I don't currently have anything connected to terminals 5 and 6. Could this be why the neon is lit continuously?

Thanks.

Have just read your message again. Are you sure you have a t6360 as these don`t have a neon on them

Hi namsag,

I have a T6360B. According to the honeywell site there are three different versions, a T6360A, T6360B and T6360C. All have a neon according to the diagram, and the only difference seems to be that the 'A' and 'C' versions don't have an anticipator. It certainly says T6360B on the box that the room stat came in.

I am a bit confused now! :confused:

Had a look on honeywell site it says the one with the neon is for high current electical heating systems so wiring maybe slightly different from the standard t6360B designed for gas boiler.

Do a search on plumbers merchants sites and you will get a picture of the 6360 that should be fitted

Any particular site that you could direct me to?

As I say, other than the neon being on all the time, the thermostat seems to be working fine and switches the heating on and off with changes in room temperature.

Thanks,
Electronman.

Thanks namsag.

I've just looked on Plumbworld site and the photo of the T6360B on there doesn't have a neon indicator. On honeywell spec sheet it just says that an indicator lamp is available on some versions to indicate a 'call for heat' from the system. I'm sure this can be used on mine, and that my version of the T6360 stat is ok for my system, but just got to figure out the wiring for the lamp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back