Thermostatic Cartridge - Help Cannot Find Replacement Anywhere

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a concealed mixer shower fitted less than three years ago. The Thermostatic Cartridge is broken and I'm trying to repair/replace it. I'm now realising that I should of spent a lot more time when buying the bathroom to pick branded products.

After much research the model is SS102 a Qubic Thermostatic Shower Kit and from what I can gather it was from Sebastian Kirby who changed to Bath Empire who changed to SOAK.COM. Well one bit of advice, don't deal with them. So apparently they have no spares, no replacement units and no willingness to help what so ever.

So you guys are my last resort..... anyone know where I can find one of these. I've attached a picture of the cartridge with approx dimensions.

Attachments

• IMG_1583.JPG
    IMG_1583.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_1582.JPG
    IMG_1582.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 418
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, trying shower doc, checked the website and couldn't find a match but sent photos to see if they can help.

Thanks picasso, only problem is no shut off on the valve so have to turn the water off at the mains to take the cartridge out, can't really do without water for 7 days to get it reconditioned unless I can find some sort of blanking plate.

No shutoff? Does the flow control knob not shut off the supply to the thermostatic cartridge? If not, can you cap the outlet?

If Shower Doctor can't help ( and they usually can ) how about buying another identical unit just for the cartridge? May be available under another name or spelling (Cube) but be the same generic POS internally.

All a pain in the arris I will agree, but might save or postpone opening the wall to install a new branded unit.

Hi, unfortunately the unit has the water feed coming in to the thermostatic cartridge then going to the flow control. I've hunted for the same unit for hours on line but no joy they all seemed to have moved from a 10cm gap between centres to an 8cm gap. Tried cube, cubic, qube, qubic and although there are lots of similar units none so far with the same dimensions. Will wait to hear from shower doc but looks like the wall is coming out and I'll get a branded one this time argh!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back