Thermostatic Radiator Valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Oventrop DG TRV's fitted to my radiators (all but one). Should they be fitted to the supply side, or the return? The arrow is in the correct direction, as they are fitted to the supply side.The radiators are hot at the top and warm at the bottom. Does this mean it is closing before the hot water is filling the radiator, due to being on the supply side?
Please help. :confused:

Sponsored Links
HI

depends on the design.
most TRVs are reversible which means they can be fitted to either side of the radiator.

Most are reversible lunat said but its best to put on flow side as it makes balancing the system easier ;)

If your return pipe is cool but flow hot you may have air in your pipes.
Does the bottom stay warm all the time even when first coming on?
If so try turning off all rads exept the one concerned and see if it clears air lock :LOL:

Thanks for the replies, I will try turning the radiators off one at at time and see if I can get the radiators to go hot. If not I think I might just take the trv's off.

Sponsored Links
Best shut all rads off and leave the 1 effected on so the pump concentrates on the faulty 1 ,, also you can turn your pump up to help but turn it back down when sorted... \also colder rads @ the bottom can be sludge and blockage

if your rooms are reaching temp (which you dont appear to have indicated one way or the other) then TRVs are working fine. and I always fit them on flow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back