Thermostatic shower suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i'm going out tomorrow to buy a thermostatic shower to replace my old mixer shower. I have an old Glow-worm 80e combi boiler.

I know everyone has their own favourites but can anyone suggest a nice shower unit that won't cost me an arm and a leg. What would be the average price to pay for something fairly decent - thanks

Sponsored Links
Plumb Center have offers on the new Mira range at present starting at around £120 + VAT.

Mira Excel very good with 5 year warranty but around £250 trade

thanks Dave
Had a look at the Mira excel - very nice - the MI states that my boiler needs to be a 'modulating bolier', i can't open pdf files on this cr*p computer so can't check myself. i have a Glow-worm 80E, can someone let me know if this is a Modulating boiler or if this shower would work on my system ? At 300 quid, i need to be sure when i buy something tomorrow morning. Thanks guys

Most combis should be modulating. I don't know this particular one. Mira excel is suitable for all types of hot water delivery system as long as the hot & cold supplies are balanced. I've never had any problems with an Excel on a combi ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back