Thermostatic Valve Problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Firstly, great forum. I have had a few plumbing issues in the past and this forum has provided all the info i've ever needed without having to type anything! Brill!

However, I'm having some problems with my thermostatic valve in my shower cabin. Im running the valve from a combination boiler and as far as I know the supplies are balanced dedicated feeds for both hot & cold.

However, after working fine for a year the valve started to play up. It would work for about 30seconds - 1 minute and then just feed cold. I contacted my original supplier and they sent me a brand new thermostatic valve which I fitted. Same problem, so it's not the valve.

Does anyone have any other ideas? All information appreciated!

Dvitendi! :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response - any particular checks I need to make? The hot and cold supply work fine from the taps next to the shower itself.

Combination boiler is new so I can't really fault it, although it may be causing the problem.?!

Not getting enough flow, clean the rose and check the hose if you have one, try the shower with the rose off.

Sponsored Links
The shower rose seems to fine, as does the hose. I will check again anyway!

Any other possibilities?

Only the obvious like blocked filters.

Normally the little holes get scaled up and you don't get enough flow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back