Thermostrat time changing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old analouge theremostrat which keeps changing the time the heating comes on and goes off.

I will set it al up to come on in the morning at 7am for 2 hours, then on at 6pm till 10pm. See below.

img0361mediumyy2.jpg

But when it hits the OFF tag, it doesnt click the boiler off, it just pushes the OFF tag around the dial as the time goes on.

It will eventualy get so the heating is only off for 10 minutes before going back on. See the pic below.

img0365mediumpn5.jpg

Any ideas? I'd rather not have to pay for a new one!

Sponsored Links
Yes, timer sorry.

I could do the work, but is it something that should be done by a professional?

Sponsored Links
no they are quite often easy, but i suppose it depends on what you call easy.

most now have a "universal back plate" you need to transpose the connections from what you have to the new one.

i dont do this for a living but found it easy.

noted which cable does what

put in the right place on new back plate (it comes with several options.

even easier for you is to get another of those that you already have, but you will need its model number, may even be a direct replacement for it

no they are quite often easy, but i suppose it depends on what you call easy.

most now have a "universal back plate" you need to transpose the connections from what you have to the new one.

i dont do this for a living but found it easy.

noted which cable does what

put in the right place on new back plate (it comes with several options.

even easier for you is to get another of those that you already have, but you will need its model number, may even be a direct replacement for it

I've found a direct replacement for it. Or i could get a digital one which uses the same back plate. :cool:

Thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back