This is the real cancel culture

Sponsored Links
Also Bobby , you have no right to imply I am racist. The migrant crisis needs to be solved. I don’t imply your an idiot do I , but you must be to decide I am a racist when you know nothing about me and we have never met.

take any notice of captain dazzler
He thinks every one is a racist :)

reckons my grandad was an SS general :confused: and my uncle was adolphs Chauffeur :confused: summit like that

:ROFLMAO:

take any notice of captain dazzler
He thinks every one is a racist :)

reckons my grandad was an SS general :confused: and my uncle was adolphs Chauffeur :confused: summit like that

:ROFLMAO:
I see transam is making things up again, We all know your grandad was a torturer in the SS. You told us. You never told us what rank he held.
You also told us your uncles were guards in a concentration camp, conducting medical experiments on prisoners. So it's highly unlikely they were chauffeurs as well.

It's another of your imagined allegation that I consider everyone to be a racist.
But I do wonder why anyone would spread such obviously incorrect information about refugees.
Maybe they picked it up from an anti-refugee website, and they thought, "hmmm, I'd better make sure everyone knows that."

Sponsored Links
Also Bobby , you have no right to imply I am racist. The migrant crisis needs to be solved. I don’t imply your an idiot do I , but you must be to decide I am a racist when you know nothing about me and we have never met.

You'll get used to it, don't think there is many on here he hasn't accused of such

Can refugees enter the UK illegally? - Full Fact

Basically the people in dinghies are entering the country illegally, but if they claim asylum on entering, they're legal again, until their case is heard of course.

In reference to migrants attempting to cross the Channel to get from France to the UK, Boris Johnson said “If you come illegally, you are an illegal migrant, and I’m afraid the law will treat you as such.”

This is not correct in all cases.

Although it’s certainly true that crossing the Channel without authorisation isn’t a legal way to enter the UK, Article 31 of the UN Refugee Convention states that refugees cannot be penalised for entering the country illegally to claim asylum if they are “coming directly from a territory where their life or freedom was threatened” provided they “present themselves without delay to the authorities and show good cause for their illegal entry or presence”.

A lot depends here on how to interpret which country people are “coming directly from”. It could be argued, for instance, that as the people crossing the channel are coming directly from France—which is not the country they initially fled—they don’t have the right to claim asylum in the UK.

However, in 1999 a UK judge ruled that “some element of choice is indeed open to refugees as to where they may properly claim asylum.” The judge specified that “any merely short term stopover en route” to another country should not forfeit the individual’s right to claim refugee status elsewhere.

This means people who enter the UK by illegal means can legitimately make a claim for asylum, even after passing through other “safe” countries, provided they do so directly after arriving.

We’ve written about the rights of refugees in greater detail here. When Mr Johnson first made his statement on Friday, the Guardian politics liveblog called his statement misleading, after a reader alerted them to our original article.

Can refugees enter the UK illegally? - Full Fact
Basically the people in dinghies are entering the country illegally, but if they claim asylum on entering, they're legal again, until their case is heard of course.
However, in 1999 a UK judge ruled that “some element of choice is indeed open to refugees as to where they may properly claim asylum.”
This means people who enter the UK by illegal means can legitimately make a claim for asylum, even after passing through other “safe” countries, provided they do so directly after arriving.

We’ve written about the rights of refugees in greater detail here. When Mr Johnson first made his statement on Friday, the Guardian politics liveblog called his statement misleading, after a reader alerted them to our original article.
Like I said, there is no legal safe route to claim asylum in UK, so the only way is to cross the channel, and if you surrender to border guards on arrival, or at the earliest convenience, you're not illegal.
Now where does it say it's illegal to cross the channel in a dingy?
Who is going to arrest you? What will they charge you with?

Now if anyone knows of 'the legal route' to claim asylum in the UK, please explain it to the forum.

Last edited:
Why are they not coming through the chunnel to claim asylum?

Surely that would be safer.

Oh no, perhaps they "have" to claim asylum if they use the chunnel but can disappear when arriving by boat, should they make it to shore without being caught??

Mind you if they are prepared to have the jab

And have certain qualifications / skills

they could work in care homes ? There are nation wide shortages for this work :idea:

Also Bobby , you have no right to imply I am racist.
He does, actually.

The migrant crisis needs to be solved.
What is the nature of that "crisis"?

I don’t imply your an idiot do I
Youre assuming that people are idiots when you expect them to believe your twaddle.

And as youve raised the subject of idiocy, you are using the term "migrants" to refer to "asylum seekers".

but you must be to decide I am a racist when you know nothing about me and we have never met.
Given the attitude evinced by the things you write on this issue, I think its fair and reasonable to draw the conclusion that you are a racist.

I suggest you ask the authorities who are trying to stop him. :rolleyes:
Could it be that the refugees are escaping persecution so they don't want people taking their mugshots and plastering it all over the media? Do you think?
Go almost anywhere with a camera and you will find someone who is peed off that they are being filmed. It often results in the police being called and them attending to try and stop the person filming. Occasionally, anti-terrorist laws are used to force a stop to the filming, followed by searches and confiscation of equipment.

But the law is quite simple.

There is no expectation of privacy in public.

Otherwise, there would be no CCTV wherever you go.

Nobody who complains about Joe Public filming in public seems to have a problem with all the CCTV that captures their everyday comings and goings.

The law is also quite clear that anyone can take pictures of what they can see from a public place. You don't have to be a "journalist" and have a NUJ card, as some police think.

And do you think the police try and stop (for example) the BBC from filming?

It is often apparent that the police are scarily ignorant of the law when they, the ones who are entrusted to know the law, clearly don't.

Sponsored Links
Back